Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

R129 PHOTO GALLERY - Photos of R129 cars only please.

1M views 3K replies 721 participants last post by  DrVanNostrand 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lets have a picture thread with our cars.

Here's mine:

Sisu

Attachments

See less See more
#1,446 · (Edited)
I took the SL to a charity car show (for a local children's charity) on Sunday. The all-European show was held at a city park along side the Coeur d'Alene Resort, was run by an area high-end detailer and he got the local BMW store to sponsor it. They, the Fiat/Alfa and the Porsche stores had cars on display.
The Mercedes dealer blew them off (it's part of a national car dealership chain...so I'm not shocked by that) when the organizer asked for participation/displays...not necessarily money.

Lots of Porsches, BMWs as well as a few Italian and many English cars.
But only two Mercedes showed (despite it being included in the regional MBCA chapter newsletter). The best Mercedes award went to the 280SL...a nice car in a eye-catching scheme. But it has many paint issues. Still, a lot of attendees liked the 129.

Attachments

#1,451 ·
Nice photo djblu. Nice car too.

Wish we had temperatures here in Scotland good enough to drive around topless at night without the need for Winter woolies!

#1,455 ·
Latest photos of my 1999 SL500. I've had it 12 years now. Odometer reads 246,000miles. It's definitely holding up better than me.
The car looks really good. Loving the subtle blend of colours between your SL and the hay bales. Very nice.

#1,460 ·
#1,467 ·
Got wife new wheels for her R129.067, I like them too.

I will say she's a bit of a purest, but the new rims and tires won her over. But said she'll be putting the
original wheels and tires in back the garage, for the next owner, she said.

Too bad the $3000+ of wheels and tires don't do much for the book value, but makes it look fantastic. :eek

New Rims/Tires:

Zati Galen Polished Chrome Rims:

Front - 19x8.5
Rear - 19x9.5

Pirelli P ZERO NERO GT HiPo Tires.

Front - 235/30
Rear - 265/30

Attachments

Reactions: aam
#1,469 ·
#1,471 ·
Mine: 1997 SL500 with ADS and Pano top

Also couldn't leave out the Bonneville...

Wish I had some 5 star chrome rims for the SL500...

Attachments

Reactions: BoatWaco