Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the Zymol wax I'm talking about is the liquid Zymol Cleaner Wax in the blue bottle with the white cap, the same wax that is Consumer Reports magazine's #1 rated car wax based on a multi wax comparison that was conducted about a year or two ago. There seems to be a rumor floating around, which I haven't been able to confirm, that this variation of Zymol wax is really made by Turtle Wax. Does anyone have any proof of this association between Zymol and Turtle Wax? I have visited both companie's websites and neither make mention in any way of the other. I have e-mailed both companies and received responses from neither. Suffice it to say, the only places I have been able to find any information on this rumor at all have been message boards like this one. I'm hoping someone who has supported this rumor in the past can give me some form of proof, so that I can get to the bottom of what has now become a genuine and exceedingly annoying mystery.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
You are absolutely correct. The Zymöl you see in the stores (the blue stuff) is made by Turtle Wax.

You can confirm this for yourself. Look on the back of the bottle. It says:

"Manufactured for Zymöl 5655 W. 73rd Street
Chicago, Illinois 60638"

If you look at the Turtle Wax corporate site, you will see that their address is none other than

5655 W. 73rd Street
Chicago, Illinois 60638

Mystery solved.

·
Registered
E320 (w211)
96 Posts
Hmmm..interestin. But they're a different company right? Its only that Turtle wax manufactured for zymol according to their specifications correct?

BTW I never used Turtle wax is it considered a good wax?

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
I noticed the address thing myself and wondered if the Zymol with the white cap is really blue Turtle Wax? Are they using the original formula? If so, the product should be as good as before Turtle Wax aquired Zymol.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
zergcerebrates - 5/23/2005 1:48 AM

Hmmm..interestin. But they're a different company right? Its only that Turtle wax manufactured for zymol according to their specifications correct?

BTW I never used Turtle wax is it considered a good wax?
AAh...mmmmmm...Lets see...?? I would put turtle wax on your car right up there with wiping your ASS with sandpaper[:0][:0][:0]. Get something good like liquid glass, 3M, Zaino Bros, etc. Its like buying paint boys...Never go to home depot, go to a damn paint store! Put that turtle on your Pinto, Gremlin,Pacer.
[B)][V][:X][|)][8][:eek:)][:(][:0]

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
But there are lots of companies that own more that one brand. For example, Honda builds Acura and Hersey's chocolates makes Cadbury chocolates. And both are superior to their parent company's brand too.

Is Zymol better than Turtle Wax? and
Is Zymol available without being made by Turtle Wax? [}:)]

·
Registered
'04 C 320, '07 SLK 280
68 Posts
Actually, I find Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss to be much superior to the Zymol described above. This does not apply to all waxes branded "Turtle Wax" but only to Ultra Gloss.

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
1998 E300D
349 Posts
the Zurtle Wax, as so many have named it, is indeed prepared by Turtle Wax and mass-marketed at Autozone, Wallymart, etc. it's a decent cleaner/wax, certainly not great and short-lived, IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts