Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S430
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ZKW-R lens in Bixenon Updated pics

MY 2004 came with bixenon but the output is terrible. I drive from San Jose to San Diego quite often and I need to be able to see clearly. That's the reason why I did the swap. Open up the headlights, swapped out the stock lens, swapped out the stock shields and put everything back together. Here are some pictures. Of before and after. What you see are the low beam only.

OEM stock

Stock projector with ZWK-R len and custom shield mod

·
Registered
MB CL500(C215);SL55(R129), SL63(R230)
501 Posts
MY 2004 came with bixenon but the output is terrible. I drive from San Jose to San Diego quite often and I need to be able to see clearly. That's the reason why I did the swap. I was going to play around with the cut off and color but both of my spare ballasts are fried from moisture:(. Next time :rolleyes:. Here are some pictures. Of before and after. What you see are the low beams only.
OEM

ZWK-R
Now you made it poor.
The illumination is even less equal and adjusted way too high. With this your definitely going to glare and endanger others.

Congrats.
Frank

·
Registered
2004 S430
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you forgot something.... these headlights came with AUTO LEVELING system so they are always leveling with the car and the road so there is no harm to on coming traffic. About the output there are much more light than before the swap that's for sure. If you could only see it in person of before and after. I wish I could play around with the cut off to get it flat and clear line. Time to get a spare ballast to fix this. Will have to open them up again.

·
Registered
2004 S430
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some more pics of the light output. Will have some night shot of the light on the car later on.

·
Registered
MB CL500(C215);SL55(R129), SL63(R230)
501 Posts
Seems you felt in love with your xenons.
Here is a little to read to understand automotive lightning:

Click

Cheers, Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts