Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that AutohausAZ specified that we should use zip ties for the fuel lines that connect to the new fuel filter. Are these necessary and did anyone actually install these?

I changed out my fuel pump and fuel filter over the weekend to resolve my starting issue (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1494542-ml320-starting-2nd-crank.html). I may be paranoid but it seems that my fuel level is dropping a little faster than usual. I checked the top of the fuel pump and didn't see any leaks. I'll have to wait until I get home to check the connections at the fuel filter. The lines snapped on properly and I wasn't able to disconnect them by pulling on them.

·
Premium Member
16,769 Posts
It is no Autohaus' idea, it is M/B that recommends it. Read the yellow highlighted are which refers to the red mark on the illustration where the wire tie should be placed.

The answer to your question is yes, you should have it in place as it will keep the the extra long line from from possible damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is no Autohaus' idea, it is M/B that recommends it. Read the yellow highlighted are which refers to the red mark on the illustration where the wire tie should be placed.

The answer to your question is yes, you should have it in place as it will keep the the extra long line from from possible damage.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll do this when I get home. The text that confused me on autohausaz was found when searching for the fuel filter (1634770701):

"If replacing original filter numbers 1634770201 or 1634770501 (up to chassis serial number A289559 + X754619) must also add update hoses - (1) 1634702864 hose, (1) 1634702964 hose, (1) 1634703764 hose - and (3) 0019978390 hose clamps. 1 per car."

Note the specified 3 hose clamps in the description. When looking up the hose clamps (0019978390), the description states:

"Mercedes specifies these plastic zip-ties as hose clamps on this application. 1 per hose connection at filter, 3 per car."

Very misleading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts