Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'00 ML430
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing a Japanese MB aftermarket parts magazine at Kinokuniya earlier today and came across the best looking rear wing I've seen. It's made by a Japanese company called ZEAL, and runs around $600. The problem is I can't find anywhere that sells them in the US, and none of the Japanese dealers seem to offer online sales. I'm wondering if anybody knows a way to get stuff like this imported, or has any experience with ZEAL parts. Here's the website they listed: http://www.4x4prostaff.com

·
Registered
'99 ML 430
272 Posts
This is the photo I see on their website,... I kind of like the front end. Pic is to small to see the wing clearly.

Well,...

I think most likely they do not ship outside Japan. So, you will need to find someone who speeks the language to start with...

Your best bet would be to start a friendship with someone from the Japanese ML forum.

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
'00 ML430
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a picture of a ML with a few of their parts on it; the smaller frame shows the wing. It doesn't look as good in silver as it does in black, but the way the wing flows from the rear pillars is so much smoother than those made by other companies, which mostly look tacked on. Any ideas on how I can get one of these?

·
Registered
'00 ML430
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops, beat me to it. Well I emailed the company at the address they provided, requesting pricing and shipping info. Not sure how much I got across in my broken Japanese but we'll see if they're amenable to doing an oversees deal.

·
Registered
'99 ML 430
272 Posts
They have locations in Osaka, and Kyoto... Using babel fish may help in your communication.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I study the language myself too...

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
A lot of people in Japan can at least understand written English. Most companies have if not one or more persons on staff that can read, type and speak English, so just email them in English, if they want business they will respond.

Shipping from Japan is pricey. They charge for every little thing usually. If the facility is not close to the port or airport they will probably charge a couple hundred or more US dollars just to transport the box to port.

I have shipped items from Japan many times so im speaking from experience.

I have not seen any authentic Zeal parts being sold here in USA nor any authorized importer. The only Zeal i have seen is mostly the replica Zeal Honda kits aftermarket companies sell here.

Good luck.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
these types of kits that make the bumpers hang low to make the car appear lower make it worse. id love some pieces that are short and hang high like other truck bumpers

AAC - 5/15/2005 4:52 AM

People have been saying it for years - welcome to the club...[xx(]

·
Registered
'00 ML430
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may like the Lorinser (see pic), it's a little more truck-like. I'm not a huge fan of the Zeal front apron myself, but the lower designs definitely give you some aerodynamic advantages. Less air under vehicle=less lift=more weight on wheels=better traction. The look shifts more toward the sports compact, but it's definitely eye-catching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts