Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Newbie here, and I’ve got tons I’ve questions. Before anyone assumes I didn’t do research before hand, I did. But since this forum is flooding with experts, I figured I’d ask here. If I’m posting in the wrong place, by all means let me know! Cheers!

So I’m in the market for an E55 AMG from 03-06 and I finally found one local with 96k miles. The gentleman has listed a list of things he’s replaced...

•Valve Cover Gaskets
•Motor Mounts
•Supercharger Gaskets
•Both Front Shocks and 1 rear
•Fuel Pumps And Fuel Sending Unit
•New Compressor
•Also has Race IQ Tune and TCU
•Also ALSO has new 77mm Pulley

My question is with all of these replaced, what’s other issues I might run into besides rust? I plan on have MB do a PPI before I purchase. Any suggestions and comments are appreciated!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all! Newbie here, and I’ve got tons I’ve questions. Before anyone assumes I didn’t do research before hand, I did. But since this forum is flooding with experts, I figured I’d ask here. If I’m posting in the wrong place, by all means let me know! Cheers!

So I’m in the market for an E55 AMG from 03-06 and I finally found one local with 96k miles. The gentleman has listed a list of things he’s replaced...

•Valve Cover Gaskets
•Motor Mounts
•Supercharger Gaskets
•Both Front Shocks and 1 rear
•Fuel Pumps And Fuel Sending Unit
•New Compressor
•Also has Race IQ Tune and TCU
•Also ALSO has new 77mm Pulley

My question is with all of these replaced, what’s other issues I might run into besides rust? I plan on have MB do a PPI before I purchase. Any suggestions and comments are appreciated!

Matt

I’d be careful when buying a modded E55 it is really a lottery. However, the engine is bulletproof, parts are relatively cheap, your next fail will almost certainly the sbc or some of the airmatic components none of which is a major issue. First thing I’d replace besises the obvious oil brake pads tranny oil filter and diff oil are the airmatic sensor links and I’d go with the solid metal ones. You also want to make a friend with a xentry just in case. I almost forgot depending on the usage you might want to look at the rear frame bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
bdragomir
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing