Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Your opinion please on this !

1278 17
This is a 97 s600 V12 that has gold grill, and emblems.

What do you guys think of how that gold looks. My finance' thinks its very nice and classy. Your opinion appreciated.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1997 S600 - Bentley Turbo R (black/black)
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here maybe this time the picture can come up. If they dont just copy and paste the addre...

Here maybe this time the picture can come up. If they dont just copy and paste the address in your address browser.

http://autoliquidators.org/October/97S600Black/auction/DSC00002.jpg

http://autoliquidators.org/October/97S600Black/auction/DSC00001.jpg

http://autoliquidators.org/October/97S600Black/auction/DSC00008.jpg

http://autoliquidators.org/October/97S600Black/auction/DSC00007.jpg

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Hey Ghost,

I must say, the Gold and the Silver do not go together very well. To me, it...

Hey Ghost,

I must say, the Gold and the Silver do not go together very well. To me, it clashes like pink on red . . .

I think the gold would look okay if you were to gold plate all of the chrome on the car (otherwise, I think the gold looks really tacky [xx(])

I'm sure someone else will have a different opinion though . . .

Regards,
Bryan

· Registered
1999 S500 1993 300e 2.8 1991 190e Sportline 2.6 5sp
142 Posts
Ghost:I does not look good!! However, if you get all of the chrome done in gold, I th...

Ghost:

I does not look good!! However, if you get all of the chrome done in gold, I think it would look good. Of course, please! do not gold plate the rims. My opinion: it looks 1/2 assed!! Sorry, fiancee...!

[xx(]

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
another comment

This 1997 s600 is not mine, i own a 97 s500, and this car was on the internet for sale, and since it only has 38000mi and owned by the u.s government,and was a good deal, i was interested in it, but wasnt excited about the gold like most of you.

I wonder how costly it is to re-chrome it back to normal.

· Registered
1999 S500 1993 300e 2.8 1991 190e Sportline 2.6 5sp
142 Posts
Ghost:

I don'tthink it would be that expensive, I'll say less than $1K US. Is there ...

Ghost:

I don'tthink it would be that expensive, I'll say less than $1K US. Is there a web site where you saw this car? If so, where is it?

Joey

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Looks tacky....especially the chrome wheel arches....another classic example of a Be...

Looks tacky....especially the chrome wheel arches.

...another classic example of a Benz owner who has run out of things to add to his car
[:D]

why not go the whole hog and add some more tacky chrome...

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
joey

The car was on ebay for sale.

The price was really good on it...

joey

The car was on ebay for sale.

The price was really good on it

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Re: Looks tacky....especially the chrome wheel arches....another classic example of a Be...

Looks tacky....especially the chrome wheel arches.

...another classic example of a Benz owner who has run out of things to add to his car
[:D]

why not go the whole hog and add some more tacky chrome...
Why do people do stuff like this to such a nice car???? [V]

· Registered
385 Posts
UGH...

I agree, that the gold doesn't look very good.

Shmelvin- When people say things like 'That's Ghetto', it annoys me. It is completely ignorant. Seeing as how I lived their until age 10,I would know that not all people in the ghetto drive cars with gold plated everything. don't believe everything you see on TV.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.