Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

You will not believe what just happened!!!

1328 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  bdonkersgoed
OK. Here's the story:

I convinced my dad about a month ago to buy a damaged '93 300SE with only 20000 miles on the clock. Other than a little bit of rear end damage, the car was virtually brand new. It was always stored in Winters, and it was just a little old Chinese guy that owned it.

Anyways, we got the car all fixed up at an autobody shop, and picked it up yesterday. The car was AWESOME! I have never driven such a smooth riding machine!

The car was quite dirty inside (due to dust from the autobody shop), so I spent 5 hours last night (until 4:00AM) giving the interior the ENTIRE treatment . . . leather cleaner and conditioner, shampooed the carpets, cleaned EVERYTHING! I cleaned all of the door jams and every crack and crevice that I could find. I even wiped off the entire engine! The car looked brand new!

Anyways, thi morning I was running around getting license plates and stuff, and got that all taken care of by 11:30AM. Then, I decided to drive the car to the Mercedes dealer (in another city about 30 mins away) so that I could get the security code to unlock the stereo. I had driven for about 20 mins, and then at a stop light, in an 80km/h zone, the Nissan Pathfinder in front of me braked pretty hard due to an unexpectedly long lineup at the lights. Luckily, I had taken the car out earlier that day to get a good feel for the brakes (practiced emergency braking), so I was prepared for the situation, and was able to come to a nice, smooth, and complete stop about 3 feet away from the car in front of me.

I then remember thinking to myself, "this might turn into an accident", but then the van behind me (Windstar) was able to come to a complete stop as well. However, about a second later, another van (Caravan) smucked into the back of the Windstar, which pushed the Windstar into my back end, which pushed me into the back end of the Pathfinder!!!! [:(!] Now, just a day after getting the car all repaired and cleaned etc., the car got in another accident which wrecked both the front AND back ends! I am pissed to say the least . . .

The driver of the Grand Caravan was charged with Careless driving, and I am still not sure if I will be considered at fault at all (although, I am quite certain that they didn't find me at fault at all.)

Now we are worried about what is going to happen with the insurance settlement. The car just sustained cosmetic damage, and can be easily fixed; however, the car was already written off once before, so the insurance will probably write it off again. We really want the car back though! It was an absolute DREAM! We will never find another car like it (with so few miles) . . .

Anyways, just thought I would vent. . .

It's just all so frusterating!!

Regards,
Bryan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
Oh well, accidents can happen and will happen, so be careful, sometimes depending on where...

Oh well, accidents can happen and will happen, so be careful, sometimes depending on where you're, driving like a old lady is not a bad idea.
[:D]

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
Hey bud,
I feel your pain. I got this one of a kind (literally) BMW L6 with a new paint j...

Hey bud,
I feel your pain. I got this one of a kind (literally) BMW L6 with a new paint job, body kit, nice breyton wheels, custom exhaust, I tuned the engine a little, stereo, etc. So after having it two weeks TO THE HOUR, the same thing happened to me except I didn't hit anyone in front of me, I had enough space. So, that was written off so I had to sell it... Hopefully you won't get the short end of the stick and be charged with an at fault!

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Hey bud,I feel your pain. I got this one of a kind (literally) BMW L6 with a new paint j...

Just as a quick update, our insurance company fixed the car for $14000CAN. The car looks better than it did before (complete paintjob and new S600-style grille), and I was considered 0% at fault.

Everything went really well. Although we had to wait 2 months for the car to get fixed, I am very pleased with the results.

Regards,
Bryan

· Registered
76 Posts
RE: Hey bud,I feel your pain. I got this one of a kind (literally) BMW L6 with a new paint j...

did the ins compony paid for the more costing grill on your car or u had to pay the difrance i bet you that ride looks sweet with all that glimming new parts and paint good lock this time i mean it from the heart[8)]

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

s420 big body benz - 12/14/2003 10:17 PM

did the ins compony paid for the more costing grill on your car or u had to pay the difrance i bet you that ride looks sweet with all that glimming new parts and paint good lock this time i mean it from the heart[8)]
Well, coincidentally, the dealer just happened to have an extra S600-style grille hanging around, that he was willing to sell for $500CAN, where as the regular grille costs even more! Therefore, by finding the S600 grille (which was even BRAND NEW), I was able to save the insurance company money! Hehehe . . .

The car does look ABSOLUTELY MINT now. We got a brand new bumper, hood, and grille assembly out of the deal. We also got the entire car painted. This is a good thing because the paint was starting to bubble on the hood anyways . . . also, before the accident there were a few scuff marks on the front bumper, roof, and fender. Now, the car looks brand new! Because the car has such low mileage, even the interior looks brand new!

I really, REALLY love this car!

Regards,
Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.