Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 S500, 1999 C230 Kompressor, 1997 C230
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is proof that it really pays to read this board regardless if you have a problem or not.

I pulled in the garage and turned off the engine and the airmatic pump decided to cycle………and not turn off, even with the key removed. Remembering that discussions about fuses and relays, I quickly pulled the fuse diagram from the trunk, identified the air suspension compressor as fuse f32, and pulled the little monster before the pump burned up.

Then I removed the relay, which is O, and gave it a little shake. When I put the fuse and the relay back in place, everything worked fine. Right then my wife called and I found out she was four blocks away from the dealer.

She made it to the parts counter with 5 minutes to spare before closing and now I have a new relay for the airmatic.

Having read these boards I have learned about the airmatic and the W220. So read the boards because you never know when you will need to use the information.

·
Registered
2012 S550 Bi-Turbo 4Matic
303 Posts
even better, you can order another Hella relay from Autohaus AZ for like $25 and keep it as a spare

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even better, you can order another Hella relay from Autohaus AZ for like $25 and keep it as a spare
BTW: I have been meaning to write to you for several weeks, since I first noticed your quote on the bottom of your posts. It makes me laugh every time because that is exactlly how I approach my car; "what will the airmatic do today...." or "what is that noise". I feel like I a approach these newer Benz products with a Jaguar triage list on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2012 S550 Bi-Turbo 4Matic
303 Posts
Oceanliner, thank you!

The quote on the bottom of my signature is from experience, and you get to a point that you HAVE to laugh about it , in order to keep on going.

Enjoy your holidays!

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
646 Posts
You have taken knowledge

Remember this is a debt of sorts that should be repaid in some way.

Post procedures & photos or buy a membership.

It is a two way equation. We post information & others take that information.

I try to give back as much as I take-away from here.:)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember this is a debt of sorts that should be repaid in some way.

Post procedures & photos or buy a membership.

It is a two way equation. We post information & others take that information.

I try to give back as much as I take-away from here.:)
I agree completely, which is why I posted the following thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1556976-lower-control-arm-stuck-airmatic-set.html

I particularly hope that the thread assists anyone who has a stuck airmatic screw.

I've also been working on understanding the photo posting process and hopefully will add some addtional posts in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts