Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my CLK320 last April. My dealer estimated registration and license fees at $642. In California at least, the registration and license fee is only an estimate at the time of purchase. When I got my registration slip from the department of motor vehicles, I noticed the total fees was only $343. I called my dealer and asked why there was a discrepancy. After a little research, they agreed and will be sending back a $299 refund. If you don't ask for it, I'm sure there are many unscrupulous dealers (not just MB dealers) that will simply pocket it.<br>
<br>
Buyer beware.<br>
<br>
By the way, MB dealers are some of the worst dealers I've experienced. And this, despite paying full pop retail for our cars. <br>
<p>adsl-63-203-157-50.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the CA vehicle license fee (VLF) rebate. Here's a link explaining it::

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/vlfrebate.htm<p>24-25-200-104.san.rr.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: It's the CA vehicle license fee (VLF) rebate. Here's a link explaining it::

Good information guys - I suspected the difference between the estimated and actual regisrtration fees was due to the VLF. I suppose this would apply for car purchases around the April timeframe since this is about the time the reduction took place. However, even if you didn't purchase around this time, you may still be due a refund, albeit a smaller amount. Compare your sales contract's estimated registration, license, and title fees to the paper the DMV sent you when you got your new plates under the column 'Total Fees'. If the estimated fees are higher, you may have a refund due.<br> <br> I'm pretty confident if you don't ask the dealer for this refund you won't be seeing it anytime soon.<br> <p>adsl-63-204-178-108.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Downtown MB

Downtown LA Motorcars??? They just fucked me over - look at my topmost post!<br> <br> Who was your sales rep?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts