Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MBZER said:
Ain't we been through this before...W-126's like 14"-15"-16"-17" & thats it.

Even Jonathan took off his 18" for 17's.

I think the trend for big ugly over sized rims is coming to an end.

Maaaan, c'mon. What must you think of AMG monoblocks, then?

·
Registered
1985 500SEC Euro-1993 SAAB 9000CSET-1998 Range Rover-1991 SAAB 900 Turbo Convertible
110 Posts
Meow Baby!

I severely doubt that 48hp would be selling either a poor fitment or inferior item. What works for you - works for you. If I had the cash, I would consider them, but sadly, I don't. Just my input-

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank goodness. Along come some guys who know what REAL, TRUE, HARDCORE Benz tuner wheels are all about.

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
I don't too much like smoked corners, but nomada, you've pulled it off nicely. Your car looks so right with them, along with the avantgarde grille. What exactly did you do to the rims?

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
H-TownBenzoboy said:
I don't too much like smoked corners, but nomada, you've pulled it off nicely. Your car looks so right with them, along with the avantgarde grille. What exactly did you do to the rims?
One of the 2 best looking W-126's on this board.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Prochambers said:
Is this how you want you car to look?

No, the below is how I want the car to look; Where do some of you guys get some of this stuff? Some of you are SO predjudiced against anything thats not stock, you don't even BEGIN to bother to investigate the item at hand, you just start slinging the mud. These are LORINSER wheels. If you don't know what that means or who that is, why let the world know? Besides all that, the whole purpose of the post was to let those who WERE interested in the wheels, but might have missed the wheels, know that the wheels were out there for sale.

Unless there is a moderator BAN on posting wheels made for the W126 on the board, then can one please post a picture of German made, TUV approved, Daimler Benz spec wheels and not get stoned for it???

Attachments

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
ackvig said:
No, the below is how I want the car to look; Where do some of you guys get some of this stuff? Some of you are SO predjudiced against anything thats not stock, you don't even BEGIN to bother to investigate the item at hand, you just start slinging the mud. These are LORINSER wheels. If you don't know what that means or who that is, why let the world know? Besides all that, the whole purpose of the post was to let those who WERE interested in the wheels, but might have missed the wheels, know that the wheels were out there for sale.

Unless there is a moderator BAN on posting wheels made for the W126 on the board, then can one please post a picture of German made, TUV approved, Daimler Benz spec wheels and not get stoned for it???
Don't think its about being PREDJUDICAL or not being stock.Those are some ugly ass over sized wheels.No real Benz owner would consider junking up his/hers W-126 with such gaudy trash.Ya might say their the Lexus of Mono-Blocks.....not close & no cigar.
I don't blame ya for trying to dump them..if they were mine...I wouldn't even admit it.

Good Luck though.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
ackvig said:

Hey, you know you can't please everyone at once. If you post a pic of a modded W126 with Lorinser rims, clear tail lights, smoked corners, and a smaller steering wheel from a later model MB, some people will think it looks bad. If you post a picture of a bone stock, just off the showroom looking classic "bisonbraun" 1st gen W126 with bundts or the "Euro" wheelcovers, some people will think the small rims ruin the whole car and would want to put monoblocks on it, quick. It's not being prejudiced towards you, it's just people having their own personal preferences towards the W126 and its styling.

·
Registered
1990 560SEC Euro
96 Posts
Maybe I missed a thread........but........where did you find that avantgarde grille?

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Coupes can accommodate aggressive modding a little better then the sedans, imo. I’ve warmed to the rims in Ack’s link considerably over the years – the car is obviously being cared for and rims and smoked lenses and the like can be easily reverted back to stock.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sure it's a matter of taste combined with technical.

You find mostly success stories posted, and not posts from all the guys would ended up with the wrong wheel/wrong offset, and not any posts from the guys who did there best and even with fitment and new rubber drive every day hating their ride.

With AMG suspension - with the correct fitment for staggered width 18's - with the right rubber - personally I am frigging love the quality and feel of the ride of my car... for stock suspension I cannot comment, but for AMG modified with a Gleason rear end 18's and staggered with 10" rear rubber - zoom, zoom, zoom.

Attachments

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
fabbrisd said:
Sure it's a matter of taste combined with technical.

You find mostly success stories posted, and not posts from all the guys would ended up with the wrong wheel/wrong offset, and not any posts from the guys who did there best and even with fitment and new rubber drive every day hating their ride.

With AMG suspension - with the correct fitment for staggered width 18's - with the right rubber - personally I am frigging love the quality and feel of the ride of my car... for stock suspension I cannot comment, but for AMG modified with a Gleason rear end 18's and staggered with 10" rear rubber - zoom, zoom, zoom.
She LQQKs good !!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for compliment, much appreciated, yep it's a sharp car.

The 10" on the rear with correct offoset wheel were designed for the rear, under compression with the rear camber the wider wheels literally "retract up and into the wheel well,,, slick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts