Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, check it out! Last week I posted this problem I was having with my car, "Rough Idle" while in Drive! I changed everything, cap,rotor,wires,plugs,fuel-filter,air-cleaner,cleaned throttle-body,fuel injector cleaner,checked all sensors,and OVP but, nothing! The car still shook and vibrated like a mother*^%#@^& ! I almost gave up hope until, some of you guys out there suggested MOTOR MOUNTS! I bought the motor mounts at MB for $115.00 plus tax/Cnd.each. So,on Easter Monday I decided to change the mounts only to find out that the driver's side engine bracket(motor mount bracket)had been snaped. It probably happened before I bought this car 1 month ago? I proceeded back to MB to order this bracket(special order)$200.00 Cnd. I replaced the bracket and both motor mounts today! It took me about 2 hours. A very long 2 hours!! Anyways the problem is finally taken care of. My car runs alot better now and no more rough idle, thanks to all your suggestions and feedbacks......

SNIK, YAL, SIX_WHEELER, RAFMAR, INKPRKSOLDIER and to anybody out there I may have forgotten!!!!!!!!!!
THANXS DAWGS........p.s. I'll post pictures of the whole proceedure next week.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Yal - 3/30/2005 7:25 AM

Six_wheeler - 3/30/2005 9:24 AM

We aim to please [:)]

Indeed we do [^]
why do people think my name starts with ink.,... its lnk... anyways , my brother is off on spring break andi told him to go to our trusty mechanic out in arcadia. i told him to tell him about the motor mounts.. hopefully it will be fine. and did you replace both mounts or just one?

·
Registered
'93 300E 2.8L
211 Posts
replacing one doesnt make sense. You need to do both

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
lnkprksoldier - 3/30/2005 6:51 PM

why is your name in orange?
if you go to your preferences you can choose what color to make your name--- you should make yours red for all that soldier blood that you shed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts