Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.
After a great deal of denial I have decided to sell my SLK. Turns out it doesn't make a great option when one has an infant. I just wanted to say thank you for all of the advice and guidance you guys have provided overe the last couple of years. I will still lurk from time to time as I hope to pick up a used 32 in a few years. Best wishes, Aaron.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Sorry to lose you, that is a great looking SLK......

Kids are their own reward, and you'll have another chance to own an SLK.

·
Registered
2005 CLK200 Komp, 2007 R350
680 Posts
Its a shame this car only has two seats, i'm thinking i'm going to have to do the same thing very soon.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Good luck buddy !! hope you get a good price for your SLK, it looks great. I guess every time you see one on the road you'll remember the times you had with yours, and the guys on this forum....
come and say hello sometimes !!

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Infants & Nice cars do not make a good combination. No matter if it is a 2 or 4 seater.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
I have 4 boys, all ages 10 and younger. There's a minivan for them to ride in. If you do a lot of commuting by yourself like I do, the SLK is a wonderful vehicle. Good luck, whatever your decision.

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the well wishes, I put the car up on Autotrader yesterday so I imagine it is a matter of time. Whenever that is... This was kind of a rash decision so I really haven't thought this out so well. Something with four doors that has a soul, probably an S4 I would imagine. I will post some pics once the transition is made, curiousity being what it is I will continue to keep tabs on you guys to make sure I don't miss anything when I buy another SLK.

Fatherhood has treated me pretty well so far, and I am starting to not even miss the sleep. I was hoping that we could use the Touareg as the family car and mine as a commuter but several instances have cropped up where I am needed to pick up the little one and I have to go fetch the T-Reg and it is a pain. This too shall pass and when she is a little older I will go back to the SLK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts