Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mint Condition 2000 CLK55, Mint Condition 2004 SLK230 Special Edition
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have read all I can find about the offset etc. Its not such a simple subject it seems.

I mistakingly bought a set of cheap AMG knockoffs last year which due to the fact that they have the wrong offset don't fit properly to the extent that the front wheel track is quite a bit wider than the rear. Both front and rear are the same :-(

I want to get a nice set of 18s.

I have found these which seem like decent quality, they seem to know what they are doing?

Mercedes Wheels, Mercedes Custom Wheels, Mercedes Benz Wheels, Chrome Mercedes Wheels, Silver Mercedes Wheels, Staggered Mercedes Wheels

It states that the correct wheels for the W208 is 18 x 8.5 ET25 Front, 18 x 9.5 ET35 Rear

Can I have your thoughts on this please?

many thanks

·
Registered
2002 clk 55amg coupé
339 Posts
Looks to me like those ETs would work. 18 x 8.5 25 matches the AMG 2 piece "aero" wheel from the R129 SL which was used on the 208 CLK 55 AMG F1 Safety Car and which I have on my CLK. It's a tight fit but it doesn't rub. It protrudes out of the wheel well about as much as possible. ET 35 in the rear on 9.5 I'm less sure about but that is a typical ET and the tolerances back there are more generous so I would not be too worried.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts