Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top stopped working right before winter and now that I have time to play with it, I decided to try a few things before taking it to the stealership for some wallet-emptying.

Tried popping the top manually and got the rear latch disengaged. Nothing from the top switch -it blinks at me and all I can think of is the way my wife laughs at me and says "you're stuck with me now!"

The rollbars won't move, the top won't raise or lower, and now the trunk won't open with the key fob, interior button, or even with the manual key. I've got the rear of the top latched half-way but there is still about a 1/4" between the rubber seal and the decklid. First major rainstorm and this thing will be an expensive, leather-lined bathtub.

I'm guessing that the trunk won;t open if it thinks the top is up but I can't close the top because the trunk is locked! I'm beginning to think that my only options are the stealership or lighting a sock in the gastank and watching it burn.

I'm SO sick of the constant electrical problems with this friggen thing!!!

HELP... before I do something DRASTIC.

·
Registered
02 clk 55 cabriolet
550 Posts
I feel your pain! Only NON destructive way I found was to remove the back seat for access. release the top cover to get the 1" or so clearance you need to insert a pole to activate the inside release. It's not easy but will give you access. Be very careful though because out of order movement of components will get very close clearance!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It started to pour rain here last night so I ran outside and started trying every possible combo of in/out right/left with the "L" key. Trunk opened finally but that still leaves the top problems unresolved.

:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts