Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Did Mercedes make yellow 107s? If so, what years was yellow offered in the R107s. Thanks in advance

Registered
Yes, a number of yellow variations were offered factory and the palette was updated every few years - I can't tell the specific years when which was offered, but if you're searching for "what does it look like?" ideas have a look here which provides paint codes and pics (not exhaustive though).

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, a number of yellow variations were offered factory and the palette was updated every few years - I can't tell the specific years when which was offered, but if you're searching for "what does it look like?" ideas have a look here which provides paint codes and pics (not exhaustive though).

Very helpful. Thank You.

Registered
Glad it was helpful. Are you looking to restore your car to original paint? If yes you can find out the factory paint by VIN or metal plate on the car which will have listed the paint code.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Glad it was helpful. Are you looking to restore your car to original paint? If yes you can find out the factory paint by VIN or metal plate on the car which will have listed the paint code.
Hi, someone offered me a 1978 450SL that was yellow n wanted to make sure it was factory, as I am not interested in custom jobs. I like my cars all original.

Registered
The yellow paint color code on 1978 SLs is #624 (Yellow). This number should appear on the metal broadcast plate which is attached to the radiator support bulkhead of the car you're looking at.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
The yellow paint color code on 1978 SLs is #624 (Yellow). This number should appear on the metal broadcast plate which is attached to the radiator support bulkhead of the car you're looking at.
Awesome, thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts