Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a 190e - would prefer a 2.6. I performed a few searches looking for a list of model year changes (US Spec) but no luck other that the ConsumerGuide website for 90-93 models. I point to a published source would be much appreciated.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
exterior wise
the 85- 86 cars had the bucket lights
97-93 had the newer nam lights with the halogen bulb
the 90-93 models had the lower cladding
the 90-93 also had the bronazish looking trimaround the windows.
interior
the 84-86 had a half console
87-90 had the full console with the wood plate under the stereo
91-93 had the console with the cassette holder above the stereo
87-93 had the tilt roof feature which was optional in the early years and standard in the latter.
84-86 airbags were optional cars with out had the big wheel with the chrome star in the horn pad area.
the 87-90 had the early airbags with the big wheel
the 91-93 had the smaller steering wheels
engine:
m102 2.3 and 2.3-16 the earlier 2.3s put out less power then the later 2.3s. the 2.3-16 was only 86 - 87 in the us.
the m103 was 89-93 but some 87s had 2.6s

the sportline and limited editions were offered in 92-93 as a farewell to the w201s

i think i got it all

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Those are pretty much cosmetic changes; nearly every year during the 10 year production run, there were also mechanical and electrical changes on the production line. About the only source of that information would be the annual and seasonal tech updates that MB would send to the dealers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - assume there were mechanical/electrical changes as well - I've seen this documented pretty well with other makes/models (my 240z and Jag XJS for example) down to re-calibrated ECUs and transmissions. The list above is helpful though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts