Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My say 'Yay', the CLK model looks better and it's a coupe, but some people like sedan better, but I personally like CLK55 better, fast and look good, but the price . . . . . >_<

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Trading the C36 for the CLK55.....

Depends on what you're looking for. If it's styling, then the CLK55 is for you. If you want the best performance and the best price, consider waiting for a C32. The E55 is another alternative with a price only slightly higher than the CLK55 but with 4 doors, lots more space, and higher quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Nay, Get a C32

Thought about it, but in the long run it's nothing special. My '97 36 would flatten the 32, so I rather upgrade to the 55.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What?!?

I don't understand the comment that your C36 would flatten the 32, so you'd rather upgrade to the CLK55.<br> <br> The C32 outperforms the CLK55 at _everything_ according to M-B specs and European magazine tests. <br> <br> It would take a significant amount of engine, suspension, and brake work to make a C36 outperform a C32 at anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fact you already have a C36 and are not sure may be something to consider ... more.

If you do not have to have the CLK styling over that of a 'C,' you might want to go with a C32.<br> <br> Anyway, just a thought. I am keeping my CLK55.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts