Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,718 Posts
Hello there I am new here and wanting to know if there is a way to test the yaw rate sensor. I am having the issues mentioned here with the brakes. The esp/ bas light comes on intermittently I can turn the esp off when the bas/esp light is off and show the triangle and Somtimes the triangle disappears and the bas / esp light will come on.
First you need to scan traction systems module for faults.

Here is long list.

·
Registered
2001 ml320 stock form
6 Posts
I also have a quick question I was told that if I replace the yaw rate sensor and lateral acceleration sensor that I may need to clear the codes after replacement as it could cause issues with modules in the Benz ml320 is this true or not?
Thanx

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,129 Posts
The codes should be cleared once the parts are installed using that Snap-On tool.

·
Registered
2001 ml320 stock form
6 Posts
Ok thank you Noodles. It is done and all the codes in my post are gone except for the steering angle sensor. My mother believes it may just need an alignment to clear the code. We’ll see

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,718 Posts
Ok thank you Noodles. It is done and all the codes in my post are gone except for the steering angle sensor. My mother believes it may just need an alignment to clear the code. We’ll see
Any work done to front end that would require alignment? Tie rods, control arms, steering rack?
Steering wheel straight when driving?

·
Registered
2001 ml320 stock form
6 Posts
Steering wheel is straight but the ml320 pulls to one side And not sure about front end work but I believe front shocks were replaced by a previous owner.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts