Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone kept there factory radio in the c230k 2002 and added the xm satellite radio and how did it go? Any fiber optics problems? I have purchase a pioneer xm and polk speakers and not sure if I want to go through the headache of having them installed or die listening to the crappy speakers and crappy fm radio.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To the best of knowledge, the XM receivers can only be connected by use of an FM modulator unless you have COMAND. If you have COMAND, there is an auxiluary imput in the glove box. In either case, the fiber optic ring is not effected.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be interested in this thread on the MBWorld.org forum:<br> <br> http://forum.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=f59c4973852a74f6f46b23e5f459d1cd&threadid=6152

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wendy, to join in your question, I have a 2000 <br> S class and want to install a Sony XM head unit with fm <br> modulator. I already have the unit and want to mount it <br> in the glove box. Several questions:<br> <br> 1. Where is the antenna jack for the Command unit and is <br> it a standard Motorola type jack or something else?<br> <br> 2. Is there a way of inputing line in on the Command, as <br> there appears to be an empty button across the top (e.g. <br> radio, cd, etc).<br> <br> 3. Where would be the best place to take power from if <br> the head unit for xm Sony is in the glovebox, and<br> <br> 4. How to route the antenna cable from the rear trunk <br> (and how to get it in the trunk from the rear roof just <br> above the window) thru the car to the glove box? I have <br> heard the usual best way is thru the trunk to the door <br> sill but not sure about this. How to get wire from trunk <br> to door sills and how to route thru same? Or is there <br> another option.<br> <br> Many thanks for any help. <br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts