Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 G500 with the Becker Audio 30 head unit. I would like to add an XM tuner and do not necessarily want to replace the Becker head unit (primarily to retain dashboard display and steering wheel controls). I am told that the only option is to install the XM receiver with the cassette tape adapter inserted into the Becker head unit. This is too sloppy for me. Anybody have any experience or suggestions on this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are in La Jolla California. I am just a bit far from you (Long Island, NY). What exactly is the set-up you use? Is there a part that can be sent to me with instructions and installed locally?<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be possible to do it like that But as far as the details you should e-mail me directly and I can discuss it with you.<br> <br> Scott

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently put a Pioneer GEX-FM903XM in my '95 E320. I purchased the FM modulated version so I could keep my factory tuner. Some might say it's not true digital sound. But with the standard MB speakers you really can't tell. It sounds 100% more clear than regular braodcast radio. Has a display/controller panel on an extended wire. I chose not mount mine anywhere and just keep it in the center console, remove and hold in lap for channel selection while driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts