Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes C320 Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 C320 with COMAND. Is it possible to perform a nice-looking installation of XM Satellite Radio with a COMAND system and have both work as intended? Have any of you installed XM radios in your vehicles? Do you have installation pictures? Thanks in advance for the advice! [:)]

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
I have a 2002 C320 with COMAND. Is it possible to perform a nice-looking installation of XM Satellite Radio with a COMAND system and have both work as intended? Have any of you installed XM radios in your vehicles? Do you have installation pictures? Thanks in advance for the advice! [:)]
I don't know about "nice looking" because I don't think there are any good looking XM antennas out there...

However, you can get an XM tuner with line level outputs (like the Pioneer) and wire that to the AUX input on your COMAND. That way, you have no funkiness with an FM modulator, and you can set different sound settings for each and have them saved as default settings.

You'd have to find a good place for the controller though.

-s-

·
Registered
'92 300TE
20 Posts
Sony Antenna

Sony makes an XM antenna which is much smaller than the Terks and others. I have a Terk on my TE and just installed a Sony on my other car. I also experimented with putting the antenna inside the car on the forward area of the dash. So far no problems and was a breeze to install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts