Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered an E500 and would like to have XM radio installed in it. I did not order the comand option, but did order the Harmon Kardon upgrade. Any information on installation--whether an XM unit can be wired directly into the sound system, which XM units work best--would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
satellite radio

Given the MB relationship with Sirius, I would think Harmon Kardon might integrate better with it, but that is a guess.

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
MBUSA Announces Vehicle Lineup for Sirius

MBUSA Announces Vehicle Lineup for Sirius
  Text courtesy MBUSA
  04-17-2003, edited 04-17-2003

SIRIUS Satellite Radio Systems On Most Mercedes-Benz Vehicles

MONTVALE, NJ and NEW YORK, NY– Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) and SIRIUS (NASDAQ: SIRI), the premier satellite radio broadcaster, today announced that Mercedes-Benz USA will offer its new car buyers an integrated SIRIUS system on most 2004 Mercedes-Benz lines.

SIRIUS satellite radio will be available in the fall at Mercedes-Benz dealers nationwide, across all models of C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, M-Class, CL-Class, SL-Class and CLK-class vehicles. Nearly all 2004-model Mercedes-Benz vehicles will be pre-wired in production for the satellite radio system, and the fully integrated audio system will incorporate one new mode button marked “SAT� accessing over 100 channels of commercial-free music and entertainment. Customers at Mercedes-Benz dealerships will be able to choose from a variety of multi-year packages for SIRIUS, including incorporating the SIRIUS service into vehicle financing or lease payments.

“Mercedes-Benz is dedicated to providing our loyal customers with the best products and technologies that add value to their driving experience," said Michelle Cervantez, Vice President of Marketing at Mercedes-Benz USA. "We are pleased to provide our customers with a premium service such as SIRIUS, that will offer Mercedes-Benz owners unparalleled music and entertainment for their drive.�

“Mercedes-Benz owners represent an audience that expects high quality and excellence in service, two cornerstones here at SIRIUS," said Doug Wilsterman, Senior Vice President, OEM at SIRIUS. "With the exclusive and supportive partnership we have with DaimlerChrysler and its flagship Mercedes-Benz brand, SIRIUS is strongly positioned to stake our claim as the premier OEM satellite radio provider for new car buyers everywhere.�

Why Choose Satellite Radio?

Satellite radio digital broadcasts are available throughout the nation, offering over 100 channels of entertainment with digital-quality sound. When compared to the competition, only SIRIUS delivers 60 streams of 100 percent commercial-free music and original programming in virtually every genre. SIRIUS is the only satellite radio service that offers coast-to-coast programming from world-class news and entertainment sources like NPR and PRI.

About SIRIUS

SIRIUS is the only satellite radio service bringing listeners 100 streams of the best music and entertainment coast-to-coast. SIRIUS offers 60 music streams with no commercials, along with 40 world-class sports, news and entertainment streams for a monthly subscription fee of $12.95. Stream Jockeys create and deliver uncompromised music in virtually every genre to its listeners 24 hours a day. Click on www.SIRIUS.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to find a SIRIUS retailer or car dealer in your area.

·
Registered
2000 SL600
14 Posts
XM Radio Install

I'm going to install XM radio in SL600 using Sony or Dephi hardware. To get around the aux input interface problems I'm going to use a wireless transmitter that's available at Circiut City and takes signal from XM unit output and "broadcasts" it to low freq FM station via wireless to car radio.

I've used the device on other cars and only porblemI've found is wireless unit "eats" the AAA batteries--they have about an 8 hour working life.

THere is some very minor loss in sound quality but I listen more to News channels and Comedy channels on road than an so-called quality music channels--which I don't think are on XM~~~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an Alpine unit installed several months ago and have enjoyed it greatly. It uses RF...

I had an Alpine unit installed several months ago and have enjoyed it greatly. It uses RF to broadcast into the radio, but does not require any batteries. The sound quality is excellent, despite the fact that it is not wired directly into the car's music system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[:)]I had a XM System put in my 2003 S430 with Command via the AUX jack in the trunk. Works great and better than the FM Transmiter if you drive a ton like I do. See if there is an AUX jack with your stereo system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts