1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
take a look at this car this man has done modifications to the headlight
he placed projector lens inside the headlights at BEAMs' place
i want to ask for help over here does anybody knows who this guy is any video of his or is he a member on this forum...

[/URL][/IMG]
ZOOM IT guys ...
can anybody help out if someone knows who is he???

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Sorry, I haven't ever seen that car. It looks like he's done some expensive mods: Headlights, front spoiler, wheels/tires and complete paint job. I've never seen headlights like that anywhere, and I constantly search ebay and web sites for products.

Do a search in the W123 Forum using just the word 'xenon'.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Where did you find that picture? It's a very interesting mod

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
bump, for more information

·
Registered
253 Posts
*drool* I spy 15 in bundts in the background. I don't think an HID projector retrofit would be blinding if it was done properly. Food for thought... Have you noticed that the G-wagens have bi-xenon lights in what looks like 7 inch round housings? Would be $$$$ but look nice!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this one is although w124 but it gives us ides how few guys did it
[/URL][/IMG]
this is where u can see he has cleared the glass emossings and lens have clear glass in front
[/URL][/IMG]
now this is guy from w124 section i have seen his contribution there and he made his wife little angry too for working on his benz headlights at weekends for so many days
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
ALL HID's blind oncoming drivers.
I think that statement is a bit too generalized - let me pitch in my 2 cents:

I've got the factory HIDs on my '04 MINI Cooper S. I have yet to have anyone flash me because they were being blinded by them. There are a few vehicles around here with factory HIDs and I've never been blinded by them either. The factory setups I've seen seem to incorporate some sort of auto-leveling device, so that the lights are aimed fairly consistently no matter what sort of load is in the car. On my MINI, there are sensors on the front and rear suspension that the headlight leveling units use to properly aim the lights. Additionally, the MINI's headlight aim pattern incorporates an ECE-style beam cutoff - this further reduces glare to oncoming traffic. The factory HID setups definitely have measures in place to prevent glare.

I will agree that most (if not all?) aftermarket HID kits (these never seem to have the leveling devices) will blind people, especially if incorrectly aimed. There are a few modified Hondas and Acuras around here (I won't use any derogatory names for these cars - but most everyone here knows what I'm talking about). Some of these cars have had HID kits hacked into them (perhaps w/ an ebay "kit"?), and *THOSE* cars are the ones with the blinding headlights. Annoying, and potentially very dangerous.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I think that statement is a bit too generalized - let me pitch in my 2 cents:

I've got the factory HIDs on my '04 MINI Cooper S. I have yet to have anyone flash me because they were being blinded by them. There are a few vehicles around here with factory HIDs and I've never been blinded by them either. The factory setups I've seen seem to incorporate some sort of auto-leveling device, so that the lights are aimed fairly consistently no matter what sort of load is in the car. On my MINI, there are sensors on the front and rear suspension that the headlight leveling units use to properly aim the lights. Additionally, the MINI's headlight aim pattern incorporates an ECE-style beam cutoff - this further reduces glare to oncoming traffic. The factory HID setups definitely have measures in place to prevent glare.

I will agree that most (if not all?) aftermarket HID kits (these never seem to have the leveling devices) will blind people, especially if incorrectly aimed. There are a few modified Hondas and Acuras around here (I won't use any derogatory names for these cars - but most everyone here knows what I'm talking about). Some of these cars have had HID kits hacked into them (perhaps w/ an ebay "kit"?), and *THOSE* cars are the ones with the blinding headlights. Annoying, and potentially very dangerous.
exactly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts