Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my passenger low beam xenon bulb go out tonight. I decided to purchase 2 new ones and replace them both. Will keep the remaining, working bulb as a spare. Anyway, after scouring the web for the best prices, I came across this site:

Philips D2S D2R | D2S 35W | Philips 85122 85126 - Genuine OEM Bulbs

They have new, Philips bulbs for ~$40. Ebay has these for ~$53 per, Autohaus about $85. The downside is they say 7-10 days for shipping ($5 - they're located in Europe). I'll supplement using the fog lamps in the meantime. I'll let you know if/when they arrive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bulbs arrived after about 14 days. They are working well and I think, despite the delay, were worth the money saved.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just one comment: unlike what is recommended for Halogens (to change bulbs in pairs), Xenon bulbs do not require to do it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just one comment: unlike what is recommended for Halogens (to change bulbs in pairs), Xenon bulbs do not require to do it.
Well, if you don't mind different colored lights. HID's change color with age. If you want them to match, you will need to change them in pairs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea what i found out is xenons the early ones 4100k made start to loose the brightness after 300-400 hours you wll only have about 80% brightness. The longer the hours the less in the brightness.So when you see that blueish color when you turn them on or when there warming up they are starting to go bad,the bulb should always ignite that white color.This is where the industry got this blue bulb color look from from a xenon bulb going bad.There is a 4300k that will stay the true color and last longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts