Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL500; 2000 CLK320
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Listen to this one, MB dealer did the proper CDN conversion to an US model and installed the oem relay to have DRL on my 1997 SL500. But now after a couple of months of usage this is happening:

When car is running pass xenon is on, driver off.
When car is running and turning the manual switch on both lights are on.
When car is off and turning manual switch on driver side xenon is on and pass off.

This is the wildest thing my SL had done to me, do you think it's mad or something LOL

If you guy's have any clues on this one let me know before I head out to the dealer next week.

Thanks
Thierry

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Listen to this one, MB dealer did the proper CDN conversion to an US model and installed the oem relay to have DRL on my 1997 SL500. But now after a couple of months of usage this is happening:

When car is running pass xenon is on, driver off.
When car is running and turning the manual switch on both lights are on.
When car is off and turning manual switch on driver side xenon is on and pass off.

This is the wildest thing my SL had done to me, do you think it's mad or something LOL

If you guy's have any clues on this one let me know before I head out to the dealer next week.

Thanks
Thierry
Thierry2000clk if the Xenons were working fine before the dealer installed the DRL I think they might have messed up something during the installation because it's impossible that your car started to behave like possessed by the devil all of a sudden especially in the way you discribed.
I think your best bet would be to go back to the dealer and have them have a check because probably something went wrong during the installation.

Good luck.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1997 SL500; 2000 CLK320
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when to the dealer has mentioned ;) And yes they found the brob, cant believe I didn't check this one out first it was 15amp fuse that was burned causing the xenon lights to be out of sinc with the DRL relay.

Another prob solved, this time wish I would had check my fuses before heading there ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts