Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all,
I've done some research on the forum, but can't find a wiring diagram with the colors of the wires. Just pin-outs of the contacts. This doesn't help me much since the previous owner has cut the wire, just got the loom left. Anyone got a understandable diagram, table or picture of the wire telling which goes to what?

And a second issue, and the reason I need it; My car got an aftermarket Pioneer 2-din installed. I has worked fine for about 1,5 years now, but suddenly the sound only comes on for a few seconds, before it gets silence, and after a 10-30 seconds it comes back on. And so it continues. Occasionally a very high pitch sound comes, independent of the volume set, and lasts for about 3-5 seconds. To me that tells me there must be a faulty connection somewhere, and I wish to reconnect all cables.
TV-tuner and CD-changer has been removed by previous owner. DVD and back seat entertainment still intact.

Grateful for any tip!

Originally:
527COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
863TV-TUNER DIGITAL TO ANALOG
810PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
819CD CHANGER

Kind regards
Roger

·
Registered
22 Posts
hope this helps, this helps. the problem is that mercedes has fiber optic for their head unit, at least with harmon kardon that i have. I bypassed the fiber optic went straight to the amplifier. i ran speaker wires from the head unit to the amp and connected them according to the diagram attached. i removed the speaker wire plug from the amp and connected the new wires to the speaker wires, bypassing the amp. i had to split the rear speaker wires to connect the two extract set of rear speakers that i have for harmon kardon. these two extra sets in the far back of the vehicle is also connected to the subwoofer.

another option you can do is buy a fiber optic converter. it cost about 90-150, depending on manufacturer. but if you look at the wiring, you'll realize that you will not have any control on fade, meaning you won't be able to control front and rear speakers separately. but that is an easy install and you utilize the OEM amplifier.

the problem is accessing the amp. it's under the drivers seat SECURELY sealed like a coffin. go to youtube to see options you have to access. keep in mind that if you remove your seat, you will need to get the airbag light reset when you put it back in. the other option is to cut the carpet under the seat to get access to the bolts. much easier but have to live with a cut carpet. if you cut it with sharp blade, it should be neat and tidy.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
also, judging from you description of your problem, it sounds like your fiber optic converter is bad or the fiber optic cable is broken. if the fiber optic cable is broken, you are SOL. bypass the fiber optic and go to the amp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Thx!
This may be what I'm looking for. I do have an fiber optics converter, so perhaps that one is bad. First I will check all the other connections to makes sure they are ok. I know there is a Red/BLK wire behind my head unit, which I don't know whats for.

I'll update when I know more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Sitting here in my x164 and it does not add up with your diagram.
The harness in my dash is rather nasty.

Will come back with a list of what wires I got, and which I got contoll on, and hopefully you can help me sort out the rest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Just been working some hours on my head unit, back up camera and more.

I have been sorting out all the wires and re-connected everything. There are now only a couple I do not know what to do with. Although everything seems to be powered and responding. So, I believe those remaining wires are for equipment that have been removed by previous owner. The car was originally equipped with TV, CD-changer and what not.
But the cutting of the sound is still there, somewhat less than before, it lasts only the first minute or so, before it is stable for the rest of the ride.

Some treads in this forum explains how the FM-antenna can cause such a distortion in the sound, but it is still there when I disconnect the antenna.

I talked to some expert at a local car stereo store, and they claimed there was never faults on the fiber optic converters, and he suggested it must be something else.
I do not want to bypass the fiber optic cables, sounds like a hell of a job.

I have also removed the driver seat and accessed the amp. Not the worst job. Just had to check if there was any sign of water there. Heard a story about a man who had a similar problem and he found out that the whole amp was under water.

Guess I just need to keep exploring.

A diagram of the wiring to the head unit would still help me. So if anyone has that, please post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.