Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

X164 GL320 Ignition/EIS/Remote Issues

922 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Vov4uk
Hi all, I have a 2008 GL320 that decided to stop responding to both the remote locking and the key in the ignition.

Key will go into ignition (no noise from EIS) and turn, but no ignition or crank.
Remote central locking is non-responsive. Fob has new batteries and light is flashing.

Back story is the batteries went flat and since that point it has become unresponsive.

Any ideas would be great, but the next step would be potentially send the EIS for repair. I have scanned for codes and received "no CAN signal fromEIS" Obviously most models won't scan with no ignition.

Many thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2008 GL320 that decided to stop responding to both the remote locking and the key in the ignition.

Key will go into ignition (no noise from EIS) and turn, but no ignition or crank.
Remote central locking is non-responsive. Fob has new batteries and light is flashing.

Back story is the batteries went flat and since that point it has become unresponsive.

Any ideas would be great, but the next step would be potentially send the EIS for repair. I have scanned for codes and received "no CAN signal fromEIS" Obviously most models won't scan with no ignition.

Many thanks
Hi Rossymond, I had the same issue with the remote, but the EIS problem still present. Sometimes it takes few times to insert the key and turn in order to have Instrument cluster to light up and start the car. Alson after starting the engine, the instrument cluster may turn off for several minutes.
The remote locking issue in my car was caused by blown fuse for (left antenna amplifier module/alarm horn/alarm signal horn with additional battery/ATA [EDW] inclination sensor). and it kept blowing until I tried the higher amperage fuse. not sure if it safe but it works now. Please let me know if this helps and how did you ended up fixing the EIS.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hi Rossymond, I had the same issue with the remote, but the EIS problem still present. Sometimes it takes few times to insert the key and turn in order to have Instrument cluster to light up and start the car. Alson after starting the engine, the instrument cluster may turn off for several minutes.
The remote locking issue in my car was caused by blown fuse for (left antenna amplifier module/alarm horn/alarm signal horn with additional battery/ATA [EDW] inclination sensor). and it kept blowing until I tried the higher amperage fuse. not sure if it safe but it works now. Please let me know if this helps and how did you ended up fixing the EIS.
Have the issue fixed in my car. Programming a new key fob fixed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts