Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 500SEL which I believe is supposed to have the X11/21 module on the side of the computer module box. I was able to obtain one but I can't find the other end of the harness. Can someone please post a picture of where this thing plugs in? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

:bowdown:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks myarmar.

There aren't any visible wires in that area, they are all bundled and wrapped, so I don't know if it'll help me much. I'm guessing the connector should come from one of the main bundles from under the computer housing? :confused:

I noticed in one thread someone mentioned California emissions vehicles having them?

·
Registered
600SEL
1,083 Posts
Got pictures for you. The cable has black 3 pin connector and black plastic tubing. It goes under the main harness and then comes out and over it on the way into the area between the ECU box and the fender. I have a screwdriver under this cable in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the pictures. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I don't have that set of wires. So either the car never had it or when they removed it they stuffed the wires back between the fender and the ECU box?

Do we know exactly what cars should have the blink module?

From what I understand they were in 92-94 cars? Were they in all of the cars from that period?

If I can't use this module does anyone want to trade for a home made one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, I just hate to modify it if someone could use it as a stock piece.

Chances are I will build my own anyway since I have to place an order with radioshack for 1.1K ohm resistors. Whats another $20 when you own a W140. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts