Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1989 500SEL
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a CD today that I bought on eBay from a guy calling himself www_126world_com, which cost me $US25. I was expecting some indepth information, after all he uses the word 'data, and was buying mainly to get a walk-through on timing chain installation. All I got was a whole lot of unedited photos, a lot of them out of focus too, of engines and rough-looking Benzes in various states of disassembly, and no explanation of anything at all. It was all the sort of stuff you can view on this site for nothing. At least on this site there is some sort of attempt at engineering excellence, but the shots on this CD show a grease monkey in action. It is really completely worthless and of no use to me.
I thought I'd tell you guys in case anyone is tempted to waste their money like I did.

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
If I am not mistaken... the person who made this CD and works for that company went by the name "sellc" on this forum. To make the long story short, this idiot would flood the forum with posts that is nothing by sales... be rude.. threaten the webmaster with a law suit and accuse the moderators of "cornerning" him in some market. He was eventually banned from this forum by the webmaster after the various

·
Registered
89 560 SEC
335 Posts

·
Registered
1989 500SEL
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dodgy CD story

This CD is not a copy of that official Mercedes one. I have a copy of that and although the quality is poor at least it has some useful information. This was something else again. If this link works you can go and see what I mean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8055191997&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

It all sounds good, but the reality was not what I was expecting at all, and I'm sure any one of you would have been very disappointed too.

I've uploaded a photo from the CD which I feel pretty well sums up it all up for you. Kind of funny really . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 300SE
113 Posts
aacmerchants

I also bought a RIP-OFF on ebay that was aweful!

Stay away from the sellers named aacmerchants

When ebay forced them to refund my money from Paypal, they still send a no pay strike against me.

(Which I proved to ebay was a lie, and was also removed!)

Where can I get the right one? One I can trust?

·
Registered
749 Posts
if you surf through the German mercedes sites you will find a link to Daimler Chrysler where you can buy the genuine item from Mercedes Classic in Germany,it's in English too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ahhh I wonder if I.........

I just bought a differential off these guys and I'm supposed to pick it up tonite

I'll let you know what I think when I get back
glup...

Joe

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
200 Posts
jokki said:
I just received a CD today that I bought on eBay from a guy calling himself www_126world_com, which cost me $US25. I was expecting some indepth information, after all he uses the word 'data, and was buying mainly to get a walk-through on timing chain installation. All I got was a whole lot of unedited photos, a lot of them out of focus too, of engines and rough-looking Benzes in various states of disassembly, and no explanation of anything at all. It was all the sort of stuff you can view on this site for nothing. At least on this site there is some sort of attempt at engineering excellence, but the shots on this CD show a grease monkey in action. It is really completely worthless and of no use to me.
I thought I'd tell you guys in case anyone is tempted to waste their money like I did.
In the DIY thread on top of the page are several detailed timing chain install instructions. You also find the link for the mbusa service instructions on 2 CD for $ 20 only. It has all info on ordering and how and with what (free) index to install. Many of your questions may have been answered before. You can find out by using the 'search this forum' function on the top right of the page. Good luck, Teutone (aka Horst K)

·
Registered
1989 500SEL
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re the timing chain,I want to change all the chain guides too, which makes it a bit trickier, but so far none of the info I've seen deals with that — most of it appears to be about just winding on another chain. If I'm going to have to take the timing cover off and pull out the guide rail pins etc etc I'd like to have a bit of an idea of what I'm up against, but I'll soon find out I guess.

I'm going to put a new tensioner in too. I'm surprised they can wear out actually, as they are barely a moving part and are constantly receiving oil. You'd think they'd last longer than a piston, which is working a lot harder . . .

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
200 Posts
jokki said:
Re the timing chain,I want to change all the chain guides too, which makes it a bit trickier, but so far none of the info I've seen deals with that — most of it appears to be about just winding on another chain. If I'm going to have to take the timing cover off and pull out the guide rail pins etc etc I'd like to have a bit of an idea of what I'm up against, but I'll soon find out I guess.

I'm going to put a new tensioner in too. I'm surprised they can wear out actually, as they are barely a moving part and are constantly receiving oil. You'd think they'd last longer than a piston, which is working a lot harder . . .

Thanks for the replies
You need to take the time and look. If you did not find anything re. guide rails after looking through the DIY thread, use the 'search this forum' function on the top right and try guide rails as well as timing chain. Some cover both. There are many write ups, some illustrated, including one that schows the puller you need for stubborn pins. Good luck, Teutone (aka Horst K) P.S. Even if you have good whole sale connections (I do) check out autohausaz. Some of their prices with free shipping can't be beat.

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
jokki said:
This CD is not a copy of that official Mercedes one. I have a copy of that and although the quality is poor at least it has some useful information. This was something else again. If this link works you can go and see what I mean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8055191997&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

It all sounds good, but the reality was not what I was expecting at all, and I'm sure any one of you would have been very disappointed too.

I've uploaded a photo from the CD which I feel pretty well sums up it all up for you. Kind of funny really . . .
Dude, I think this photo alone is well worth the 25 bucks! I will get me one asap.

·
Registered
1989 500SEL
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Autohaus

So far I've bought all my Benz parts from Autohaus AZ. Really good prices and service, and I save a lot of money — parts are really expensive in New Zealand. Vincent (aka jokki)

·
Registered
1989 500SEL
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kalifornia said:
Dude, I think this photo alone is well worth the 25 bucks! I will get me one asap.
Kalifornia my friend, you can have mine for $5 (plus postage).

G

·
Mercedes Benz Photo CD

While it is our experience that with anything new there is bound to be people who will not like something or be unhappy. We have been dealing with 1986-1991 Mercedes Benz 420 & 560 SEL Sedans for over 5 years exclusively. Our photo CD is composed of over 10 Mercedes-Benz! Our photo CD is not a service manual however it does show more detail in the photos as things unfold in real world conditions relating to the repair or removal of just about every part on a 1986-1991 Mercedes 420/560 SEL.

The amount of insight that can be obtained from just one photo during a repair could mean the difference between breaking something and being able to avoid disaster. While this manual would be best suited with an original Mercedes-Benz repair manual we can assure you that our CD shows a more true to life example of just about all said parts found on this generation Mercedes. That’s a bold statement to make however we make a living repairing, and selling used Mercedes parts. We do not claim to be Mercedes-Benz; therefore we leave the dealership repair manuals to them. Most of the dealer repair manuals are hard to understand and give very little insight as what to expect. Also dealer manuals make reference to all sorts of specialty tools that are nothing more than items you can purchase at your local auto parts stores in most cases.

Some people prefer seeing a job unfold before there eyes before attempting a repair they have never done. Factory service manuals just do not offer that. This CD is good for anyone that owns this era of Mercedes as the new beta release (6-1-2006) is now over two CD’s in size.

We update our CD twice a year! And updates for past customers are only $5.00 and free if you download them!! We service and repair Mercedes at our facility in Canton Michigan. Photo CD customers are always welcome to e-mail us for tech support or request for used parts. Should there ever be an area that needs further explanation we are there!! That is more than you can say for any Mercedes-Benz manual. We also offer to our photo CD customers special used parts pricing that is sure to pay for the cost of the CD there first time around!!

In the case of the original creator of this thread we have won our dispute with E-bay regarding his very vulgar use of words in the public feedback forum. His attempts are very deliberate to hurt sales rather than make the most of his membership. Since his efforts are mis-guided it only stands to reason that this persons intentions are not genuine and made without consideration for the people that worked so hard for 5 years generating this very exclusive photo collection.

All other things aside I can assure you that a purchase of our photo CD can pay for itself tenfold in useful information that can avoid damage during a repair. Add in customer support plus used parts discounts and you can’t go wrong!

Please visit http://www.autotrend.us/mercedescd.htm to purchase your copy today and see for yourself. I am offering a $25.00 discount off any used part we stock with the purchase of a photo CD therefore making it almost free. And you will know exactly what we stock because you will have ALL of our collective knowledge of 5 years and 10 Vehicles

If you are done with poor black and white manual photos than arm yourself with our knowledge. See tear downs thru the eyes of a Licensed and Certified Mercedes technician, enjoy free information updates online, get better prices on your used hard to find parts, take comfort in knowing that help is just an e-mail away as we answer our questions with hand edited photos that are often times edited just for you! All these questions and explanations are what make the CD better and better year after year!

Stellar Enterprise LLC, Michigan
Dba Auto-Trend Repairs & Service
8211 Ronda Drive
Canton Michigan 48187

(734)459-0007 10-5 M-F
(734)358-7050 24/7 Emergency voice mail

E-mail [email protected]

Web Site - www.126world.com

Click on the link below to see sales ad-
http://www.autotrend.us/mercedescd.htm

G

·
jokki said:

Believe it or not the woman shown in this persons reply more than likely knows more about a Mercedes than he. And I think she is a lot better looking than all of the other mechanics I have to look at each day.

Mercedes_Brandee (shown in photo) is a treasured asset to our organization not to mention dedicated to the tasks at hand clearly.

From all of us here at www_126world_com, "Welcome" like it or not your a member and now entitled to all of the benefits that come with it. Even if you don’t like the taste of the medicine it will make you better. We promise.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
jokki said:

That's funny stuff. ("And here is my Mommy doing an engine repair..")

Too bad you got ripped off for the trouble. No wonder I never look at Ebay! Too many stories like this.

G

·
proudhon said:
I just bought a differential off these guys and I'm supposed to pick it up tonite

I'll let you know what I think when I get back
glup...

Joe
Joe,

In order to "Buy" something from someone you have to "Pay”. You sir neither bought nor paid for the item you requested us to pull. Nothing but empty promises.

Also very funny is the constant trash people are talking about Mercedes Brandee. Whets the matter? You never seen a girl pull a motor before? Honestly if you don’t have anything nice to say, you should say nothing at all. But I am sure that would be impossible for the majority of the know it alls.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts