Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.r171.co.uk claim to have the vario roof modules in stock from tomorrow (22nd April).

Anyone got one yet or know if they actually have them in stock. I e-mailed them but they have not replied

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
RE: www.r171.co.uk vario roof modules in stock

Please up a BIG question mark in your subject line the next time you are referring to r171.co.uk. You will have better odds playing the lotto than trying to get a module from them. I have had one ordered and paid for since mid Nov. and have nothing but a couple of e-mails to show for it.[}:)]

·
Registered
SLK 200K
13 Posts
I received an email from them asking for my VIN, I replied with it and they have told me it should be in the post in the next few days.

I will let everyone know it arrives and how well it works.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
merc220 - 4/22/2005 9:57 PM

I will let everyone know it arrives and how well it works.
Love your faith - ordered early Nov - 3 emails (including request for VIN#) - and still waiting (but to be fair it will now be delivered on April 22nd (which year))

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
What is a vario roof module? I know what a vario roof is, it comes with all of our SLK350 and 55s.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Snowball - 4/23/2005 7:38 PM

What is a vario roof module? I know what a vario roof is, it comes with all of our SLK350 and 55s.
Its an electronic podule, that allows you to raise/lower your roof by a 2 second push on the lock/open button on your key(by radio as opposed to infra-red) - basically by-passing any safety features designed to stop wildlife getting caught in the mechanism. There was a brilliant one sold & marketed by a Mr Bipes through 4 my merc dotcom for R170's but many of us have paid for one (ages ago)for R171's from r171 .co.uk and are still waiting(after having paid for it up front).

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Snowball - 4/22/2005 2:38 PM

Vaporware that cost money.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Date on website has now changed to 2nd June but you'll get the new 2006 model !wow! Nobody seems to have seen the 2005 model yet!!!

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
Did anyone catch the latest on the opening page of the "Shop" section:

ANNOUNCEMENT:
r171.co.uk (r171.info) will be soon under new management and is currently restructured. We will team up with the l-c-t.com company network which allows us to serve you more efficient and with a lot more interesting and unique products. Our Logistics in ASIA, EUROPE and NORTH AMERICA will make order processing faster than ever before!
Current items on backorder will be processed as announced unless you've been notified otherwise

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
Woolly - 4/23/2005 7:48 PM

but many of us have paid for one (ages ago)for R171's from r171 .co.uk and are still waiting(after having paid for it up front).
Whilst not any consolation you are protected under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations which states you are entitled to a full refund if:

1. Your product was not delivered by an agreed date
2. or within 30 days of placing an order if no date was agreed

I am starting to think that their details should be forwarded to a third party such as the consumers association to see if there are others in a similar situation. And whether they could provide the prod necessary to get the items people have actually purchased.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
dbslk - 4/26/2005 10:31 PM

Many of us placed our orders in Oct/Nov 2004 - well without 30 days -how do you think we stand (or grovel) on that?

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
Woolly - 4/26/2005 10:51 PM

dbslk - 4/26/2005 10:31 PM

Many of us placed our orders in Oct/Nov 2004 - well without 30 days -how do you think we stand (or grovel) on that?
They are legally required to give you this refund should you ask for it as they have failed to deliver the goods. Now, of course, with the reliability of this company this may be a little difficult even with the law on your side.

I guess it comes down to whether you believe that they will actually be able to deliver at some point in the future and, of course, whether it works. Although once again if they don't work you are entitled to a full refund.

This company does appear to be shipping certain goods ie ones that aren't vapourware. It would also help if the company didn't use such smoke and mirrors tactics to claim they are bigger than they are. Honesty and keeping the customer updated does go a long way.

·
Registered
2003 E-Class 320 CDI
61 Posts
I see over on Torsten's board that r171.co.uk seem to be claiming that they/he (Alex) has sent out lots of modules already and that there are only 3 or 4 modules that have not yet been processed. The specific quote given by Alex (aka r171.co.uk) reads:

" Your members become angry? Please let us know which members are angry! As far as I know there are only 3 or 4 modules left to members of mbslk which are currently processed. All others have been delivered! As for the preorder
customers: they received a huge discount for waiting - that was part of the deal. All other pay more than the pre-orderes have paid! So I don’t see why anyone could be the tiniest bit angry at all.

Kind regards "

Guess you should be receiving the modules in the next few days then - not that I believe that!

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
When i ordered my roof module (2nd November) i as told i was 176 in the queue and that they were shipping around 20 a week. By December i was told i was 54 in the queue (therefore 122 should have been sold/cancelled) and that i woudl be kept updated. Never heard a thing from them since and if e-mail them i never get a reply!

To date i do not know anyone with one and do not believe any have ever been made else why could they not put a picture of one on their website!

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
SLicK350 - 4/26/2005 2:52 PM

I see over on Torsten's board that r171.co.uk seem to be claiming that they/he (Alex) has sent out lots of modules already and that there are only 3 or 4 modules that have not yet been processed. The specific quote given by Alex (aka r171.co.uk) reads:
Has anybody from Torsten's board confirmed that they have received their modules?

·
Registered
2003 E-Class 320 CDI
61 Posts
dbslk,

I sincerely doubt that anybody on Torsten's board have received the module. As on this board, I suspect that is where their anger is coming from.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts