Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date on website has now changed to 2nd June for these vario roof modules but you'll get the new 2006 model !wow! Nobody seems to have seen the 2005 model yet!!!

Anyone know if any othe rcompanies are going to make these, as www.r171.co.uk just don't seem to be able to supply them and don;t reply to any e-mails

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
What a joke. I guess we will receive an e-mail any time now touting the improvements being made while this guy continues to stall and keep our money. I'm going to try for a refund (fat chance I'm sure. What a rip off. r171.co.uk should be banned from this site and not allowed to advertise while continuing to take peoples money without delivering a product and not answering e-mails.

Hopefully a legitimate company will start offering the modules.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting to see how you get on with a refund from them!

·
Registered
SLK 55 born 03/05
58 Posts
Whats up with this now?

VARIO-ROOF COMFORT MODULE (BENZWORLD.ORG SPECIAL EDITION)
This is a limited edition Vario-Roof Module 2005 - only while stocks last!!

- This offer applies ONLY TO BENZWORLD.ORG members!
- This offer ONLY applies between MAY the 24th and May the 31st 2005!
- Make sure you request the special offer coupon code! Without the code you won't get the discount!
- Make sure we are able to verify your membership at benzworld.org.
- Payment method accepted is PAYPAL only (from a verified account and address)
- the item is in stock and will be shipped within 10 working days.

AS A BENZWORLD.ORG MEMBER AND WITH THE COUPON CODE YOU WILL RECVEIVE

50% DISCOUNT

TOWARDS THE LISTPRICE OF THIS ITEM! ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST AND ONLY BETWEEN May the 24th and May the 31st 2005. Once they are gone, they are gone. This is a strictly limited offer!

This module is the same as the Vario-Roof Comfort Module (special SUMMER EDITION)
This works with all SLK R171!

Price: £176.25 [$334.88] (Including: VAT at 17.5%)

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
I saw that discount too but what coupon code? What exactly is a "module"? Not too clear what is really is? Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
greendestiny - 5/9/2005 3:45 AM

I saw that discount too but what coupon code? What exactly is a "module"? Not too clear what is really is? Any help is appreciated...
It is vapor ware and a scam to take your money.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I e-mailed www.r171.co.uk today and they reckon they now have my roof module in stock and need a few days to program it and then i will have it. Will let you know!

·
Registered
SLK 55 born 03/05
58 Posts
Julien,

What makes you say that? PM/Email ok if you prefer.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because that's what they told me today?????

COPY OF TEXT

Your module is here now. We just need to text and configure it. We expect
that to happen within the next 5-10 days so it should be soon with you.
Kind regards

·
Registered
SLK 55 born 03/05
58 Posts
Andy I was trying to query Julien, thanks.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe we'll find out soon whether Julien is right or not.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
rorlan - 5/9/2005 12:40 PM

Julien,

What makes you say that? PM/Email ok if you prefer.
Because I like many others have had the module on order (and pre paid for) since November with no product delivered to anyone. So far no one has ever confirmed to actually having one.

·
Registered
SLK 55 born 03/05
58 Posts
Do we know if it even works?

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
rorlan - 5/9/2005 1:14 PM

Do we know if it even works?
You mean vaporware or 171.co.uk ability to get money out of people without having a product to deliver?

If it the latter, then unfortunately yes. If it's the former, then yes also because all vaporware works in theory.

·
Registered
SLK200
13 Posts
I am interested in purchasing the module as well. Knowing the payment industry I want to say that You should be aware that (even if you pay with a credit card via PayPal) a merchant is not allowed to chare a credit card under until they physically ship a product under Visa and masterCard rules.

Therefore if you request a refund for non-shipment and you don't get it, then contact your credit card issuer and initiate a charge-back. They have to process that for you. problem however is that charge-backs can generally only be started up to 60 days from the transaction date as it appears on your visa/mc statement.

Regretfully if you pay via debit card you can do very little.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was told they now have these in stock, need to test them and then i shoudl receive it shortly

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Check this page out http://www.agentur-piecha.de/parts_modul.htm

It looks like 171.co.uk are just importing their bits & pieces. usingthisname has had favourable dealings with Marcus of agentur-piecha, and they are quoting week 19 delivery of the module .... so it might actually exist [:)][:)][:)]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts