Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of floor mat's for my 91. The color is 'mushroom' but will consider black or grey. Let me know what you have (color, front - rear, and price).

Here is a pix of what I'm looking for (PS: this is not my car) ....

·
Registered
Mercedes 300CE '91
319 Posts
Hey!

Mercedessouce.com did an extenstive research on mercedes mats.

video:

Unfortunately they came up with a rather expensive solution for what they claim is the only mat that is really durable... I think a 4 piece custom made set costs about 200 dollars.
this is the site : Welcome To Cocomats.com

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
genuine MB rubber mats are very affordable and robust

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JohnnyDoe thanks for the video, the old mats in that video looked like the ones that came w/my car.

$200 is a just a tiny bit :rolleyes: more than I want to spend on mats. So I'm going to check with my dealer this week (have to pick up some gaskets) and see what a set of genuine MB rubber mats that Zeitgeist recommended coat.

After all it will be winter before we know it.

·
Registered
04 odyssey (265k) 1995 E320 wagon (295k)
2,991 Posts
I have the rubber ones too, paid $25 (craigslist), I think they are about $100 new for the set of four.
Not the most attractive, very utilitarian, but good heavy rubber.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,447 Posts
I believe performanceproducts4benz.com has the Genuine rubber mats for ~$70.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Get new ones

I bought a set of four new OEM mats from the Mercedes Benz classic center in Orange County, CA and with the 15% discount it was only about $100 for an entire set of brand new ones and they shipped to my door in less than two days.

For a bad rainy and muddy and snowy winter, a pair of fitted HD rubber new ones from Weathertech (sold by MacNeil products) should not be more than $50 or so for a front fitted pair if you can get them. They TRAP moisture dirt and horse crap etc and you can usually hose it right off, outside the car.

I have had a set over the carpets of my 560SEC for about 15 years and they have saved the original carpets over and over. Even had a pair in the old 1991 Volvo when I was married and in San Francisco and my oblivious wife managed to walk on wet white parking lot stripes in the Home Depot parking lot and then tracked white paint onto the rubber Weathertech mat and not the carpet....

The Mercedes new OEM color matching carpets did a LOT to make the car have a new look and feel when placed over the carpet on the car.

Good car care suggests they should be shaken out/vacuumed about once a week or two, and more often if children and pets ride in the car.

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
I know this is a longshot, but check the junkyards, I pulled a 4 pc set of palomino factory mats from a 94 400e for 99 cents each, I gave them a good shampooing and they came out like new. The factory mats are incredibly durable. I may eventually pop for a new $200 set for special occasions, but my $3.96 set is getting the job done for now.

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 "Elsie"
1,287 Posts
I bought the Lloyd Ultimats last November and so far I am really happy with them. They are heavier than the ones that came in the car (that were a big wrinkled mess...) and they come with clips to hold them in place. I got them in black because I like the contrast and the fact that they don't show oil/grease. Too early to say how well they will hold up, but at 8 months, they do still look like new.

I do prefer the carpet mats most of the time, but if you deal with a lot of snow, slush, or mud, the rubber mats are nice to at least have for the winter.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts