Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1966 200 Diesel; 1985 500 SEL (wrecked); 1991 420 SEL; 1979 280E (Home Market); 1993 190E 2.6
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am usually on the w126 forum, but I have been looking for a G-Wagon for some time now with no real luck. I would like to be able to park the 126's during the winter, and as I do a lot of hiking I would feel better driving a G class to the trailheads than a huge sedan.

Does anybody have some advice as to where to look for a good G? E-bay rarely has anything I am looking for and mainly has 463's, which I am not interested in. I already own nice cars and really need a utility vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,979 Posts
Does anybody have some advice as to where to look for a good G? E-bay rarely has anything I am looking for and mainly has 463's, which I am not interested in. I already own nice cars and really need a utility vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
There's one on Ebay right now.

The For Sale Forum on that forum which cannot be mentioned here has a nice turbodiesel cabriolet with hardtop.

Also, you can look here: clubgwagen.com vehicle ads

Craigs List also gets them occasionally.

·
Registered
1966 200 Diesel; 1985 500 SEL (wrecked); 1991 420 SEL; 1979 280E (Home Market); 1993 190E 2.6
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Dutch.

Since I am not familiar with the formalities of the G class forum, perhaps you could mention the unmentionable forum to me in a PM.

If you are talking about the red one on E-bay, that one is not for me. The gray one perhaps, but I think its about 6 grand too high. Those are the only 460/461's I know about for sale right now on E-bay.

If It takes another year thats perfectly fine with me. I just want to get the one I have been looking for and not something else.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,979 Posts
Thank you Dutch.

Since I am not familiar with the formalities of the G class forum, perhaps you could mention the unmentionable forum to me in a PM.

If you are talking about the red one on E-bay, that one is not for me. The gray one perhaps, but I think its about 6 grand too high. Those are the only 460/461's I know about for sale right now on E-bay.

If It takes another year thats perfectly fine with me. I just want to get the one I have been looking for and not something else.
That other forum can't be mentioned in a PM either. This forum's software filters it out, since they can't seem to stand the competition. (PS - That other forum does not filter Benzworld. In fact there are frequent references and links to here from there.)

As to pricing, sellers always ask high. Make an offer you can afford. You might be surprised. Older G's typically take a while to sell, and sellers often end up reducing their hopes to make the sale.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That other forum can't be mentioned in a PM either. This forum's software filters it out, since they can't seem to stand the competition. (PS - That other forum does not filter Benzworld. In fact there are frequent references and links to here from there.)

As to pricing, sellers always ask high. Make an offer you can afford. You might be surprised. Older G's typically take a while to sell, and sellers often end up reducing their hopes to make the sale.
Yes I have generally saved several hundred to a few thousand when purchasing my other Mercedes cars by making a lower, but not insulting offer. I am sure I would apply the same strategy here.

Like you say, I am sure that older G's aren't the fastest thing to sell. I am sure that fact will help me out in the long run. Once again if anyone knows of a nice example somewhere, I wouldn't mind being pointed in that direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts