Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much says it all im looking for a project. preferably something with great paint and in need of a transmission or motor. not too picky at this point so entertaining all offers.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
This is going to be so easy to find..most W126's I see advertised are project minefields..lol. Of course if you really want a project..check out a W140 600SEL with the V12...even the guys into projects try to steer clear from that model..lol.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is true ive found quite afew 300d's. but cant stand how slow they are.looking at one tomorrow(well technically later today) for $900. anyone know the capabilities of these engines? If i could get 220hp out of one id never drive anything else.

Ive got up to $10k disposable so it could become an interesting project. i was thinking supercharging a 500sec/560sec or putting a twin turbo on a v6.

Thank god i have more than one car, my typical DD (supercharged '93 Buick century pushing 280hp) wasn't too happy today. I was driving like a maniac pushing 70-120 and got stuck in dayton traffic at a stand still. the car proceeded to shudder like hell as i prayed for the car in front of me to move

·
Registered
1982 300SD, 2001 f-150 4x4-348,000 passed tha benz!!
426 Posts
For that much disposable income, the 617 can be upped much from the factory with new fuel injector plungers, inter-cooler, and turbo, someone on another forum has turbocharged and supercharged the 617 in a 300sd, and it is mean!! It just takes money to soup up the older diesels, but i would go with a gasser, lol.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, i'm really wanting to find an AMG and partially restore it. anything else i would just tune and make how i like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts