Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, is there any one selling their Mikbox? I have Auto-sense PSE installed in my trunk as well as the V60 cradle and V60S phone. I was trying to activate my phone through Verizon but they said they no longer able to activate the CDMA format 2G phone. I just got my V60S phone today but once I plugged it in, it has signal and ask me to activate, the I clicked YES. Then the phone was transferring to Verizon customer service I think, after few seconds, it said we are not able to activate your phone please call 800-..... can’t really remember the number. And I don’t know why the phone lost it signal, and will not transfer the phone call to the customer service anymore. So I decided to buy a MIKBOX to use non-Mercedes Branded V60/V60S. Thanks!!!!!!!! Willing to pay a good price for the Mikbox.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,844 Posts
You should check first to see if your cell service provider will activate the V60S on its system. There could be E911 compliance issues, and a Mikbox will not solve that problem. In addition, the Mikbox hasn't been sold for about 15 years; they would be tough to find, and the firmware can no longer be updated.

You might be better off to go to a Bluetooth configuration with a phone that your service provider will accept, rather than a plug-in phone. See post 3 in the How-To Guide on Cell Phones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Skylaw
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing