Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a 2005-2006 CL65, if anyone has one for sale, or has any leads of where I might find one, please let me know. I know of the ones publically listed, and have spoken to most of the dealerships regarding those, but they all come up a bit short of what I need, either price is wrong, or they have some serious issues on the titles or questionable maintenance histories.

Being a BMW driver for most of my life, my current DD is an x535d, which I have a stage 2.8 setup on, I never thought I would have such a hard-on for the CL. The x5 is an amazing car, and I really love it, but my significant other got rid of her Mazda3 and bought an Alfa Giulia, which means my x5 has become the runabout car for towing her horse around and bringing the dogs to the park every day. This leaves me driving the Alfa more than I like, don't get me wrong, fun car for taking corners and all, but I'm more a fan of larger solid vehicles than the small ones.

Anyways, maybe a year or so ago, someone owed me a bit of money for some labor provided to one of his bikes and offered me a CLK320 as part of my payment. Thinking I would end up on the better end of the deal and that I would just sell it, I took the trade, and low and behold, the lady loved the car and DDed it for the better part of a year till we got the Alfa, well now it isn't used much, but it impressed upon me the quality and solidness of the MB brand, I truly believe despite being one the of cheaper MB cars, its' build quality is higher than that of my x5, and most certainly the Alfa, which let's just be frank, my Accord felt better built than that does. My only issue with the CLK is that I'm not a fan of convertibles, and it leaves a lot to be desired in the power department.

Well, after reading a bunch about the CL55s, I figured this was the appropriate car for me, but then... I learned of the CL65 and am obsessed with getting a hold of one, unfortunately, they are a bit harder to come by. So please, if anyone has any leads on one, please send them my way. Also, if anyone would like a rather low mileage 2001 CLK320, I've got one for sale assuming I find my CL.

I would prefer 2005-2006 as the infotainment system isn't critical to all the cars other functions, meaning I could switch it out, while in the W216s I might get stuck with a system from 2008 that I can't replace, but I am open to the W216s as well if the right car comes along.

Anyways, sorry for the life story, but as this is my first post here, I figured I would offer up an introduction as well. Thanks in advance, looking forward to becoming an active member here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good afternoon,

what price range were you referring to when you said “either the price is wrong?

i own a 2005 CL 65 with 28k miles black.black in excellent condition with 16k worth of service receipts by the only corporate owned Mercedes-Benz dealership in the country.

i would consider selling it because I need To reduce my stable because I’m relocating to Europe next year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts