Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have the 2004 release canadian Nav CD? ... Not willin to pay the $250 at the dealer...that was totally ridiculous when he told me the price and that is ONLY for Canada and does not include N. America. If anyone out there has one and is willing to sell let me know... or a copy will work fine as well... Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
17 Posts
BEWARE OF BUYING FROM DONHO,(a.k.a. Jeff), [email protected]

I made the mistake of buying a set of CDs from this person when my Mercedes Benz dealership misinformed me and told me that the 2004 MCS CDs would work in my 1998 ML320 with Siemens VDO Nav unit.

When Jeff's CDs arrived and didn't work, he told me that he pays someone $35 to illegally copy them and would only give a small partial refund. When I asked for a refund less $10 for his time and the $4 that he spent on postage, he got extremely rude & insulting. I'd be happy to forward copies of his email to anyone who would like to see what an unprofessional thief he really is.

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
dgrancell - 4/29/2005 12:11 AM

I made the mistake of buying a set of CDs from this person when my Mercedes Benz dealership misinformed me and told me that the 2004 MCS CDs would work in my 1998 ML320 with Siemens VDO Nav unit.

When Jeff's CDs arrived and didn't work, he told me that he pays someone $35 to illegally copy them and would only give a small partial refund. When I asked for a refund less $10 for his time and the $4 that he spent on postage, he got extremely rude & insulting. I'd be happy to forward copies of his email to anyone who would like to see what an unprofessional thief he really is.

Many of us told you that the MCS CD's would NOT work on the Siemens VDO unit.

MCS is made by Alpine.
Siemens makes the Siemens VDO system.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SYSTEMS.

It would be like taking software written for the mac and expecting it to run on a windows PC.

I don't know why you chose to ignore the advice of the navigation gurus like Wolfgang and Benza.

Anyway...I think if Donho does a partial refund it's not a bad thing... a thief would be if he ignored you and completely ran away with all the money without any product being shipped to you.

The CD's work - just not on your hardware setup.

Good luck with your search. I would just continue to search ebay and also try other dealers in the country - just call parts depts. even dealers in CA will help you.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
17 Posts
After getting advice from the good folks on benzworld, I wrote to MBUSA and didn't was told to call the local MB Dealership. Next I double checked compatibility of the 2004 CDs with the local parts department at the Mercedes Dealer. They told me that the 2004.1 MCS CDs were compatible with my older Siemens VDO system when they called Navteq. Only after spending weeks looking for the correct CD did I order the CDs. When they didn't work and I asked for a refund (less $10) I was told that he would refund less then half of the $72.

I didn't appreciate Jeff insulting me in his last email and telling me that I was stupid for not checking the compatibility. I also didn't believe that this person pays someone $35 to illegally copy his CDs. Insults and lies are not the way to deal with people.

I've spent weeks (actually months) trying to get the correct CD for my system and I am tired of the run around... Thanks to those on this list who tried to help and good luck to anyone who deals with Jeff, Donho, jway or whatever he calls himself...

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealt with Jeff a couple weeks ago and got my CD's via AirMail and have had no problems....

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
dgrancell - 4/29/2005 12:11 AM

I do not agree... I have dealt with Donho in the past and I was satisfied with his product. You bought an item from him. His item works... You bout the wrong software...You did not do your homework and listen to the advice you were given. Personally I do not think you are entitled to any refund. If I read right he did offer to refund some of the money. So how does that make him a thief??[xx(]

·
Registered
2014 E63s AMG
319 Posts
Thank you all who came to my defense.

I did insult him. Because he wrote me a threatening email stating that if I did not refund him he would file a claim with Paypal.

Now the real story:

He must have email me 10 times asking question. He even sent me a picture of his NAV setup. I told him I DO NOT think it would work. He sent payment anyways. I told him it would probably not work and refunded his money in FULL! He then emails me a few more times and tells me the dealer told him version 2004.1 would work. He send payment again and I get a set made and they are sent out via 2 day priority like I promise. He writes me back that they do not work and he wants his money back minus 10 dollars. I tell him I can offer him a partial refund. And he would be better off selling them off on Ebay. He then writes a threatening letter and tells me he will file a Paypal complaint. I tell him to go ahead and it is not my fault he is too stupid to check compatiablity on the discs. He told me he would wait 48 hours. He filed it immediately. Here's how Paypal complaints work. Someone files a complaint, he is asked to describe how he or she was wronged. Then the defendent gets a chance to offer their explanation. It never even went that far. Paypal received his complaint and dropped the matter. It ended at that. I shipped him the mechandise and that is all they care about. My discs were not defective, it is not my fault he did poor research.

But if anyone is looking I still do offer version 2004.1
And I do have 99% success rate. He is my first unsatisfied customer

[email protected]

·
Registered
'00 ML320, '07 E550
217 Posts
dgrancell - 4/29/2005 10:12 AM

Next I double checked compatibility of the 2004 CDs with the local parts department at the Mercedes Dealer. They told me that the 2004.1 MCS CDs were compatible with my older Siemens VDO system when they called Navteq. Only after spending weeks looking for the correct CD did I order the CDs. When they didn't work and I asked for a refund (less $10) I was told that he would refund less then half of the $72.
I don't see why anyone could refund you any money on this case but I do agree with you he is a thief.

You can try to sell those copy to recoup some or work with Navteq to get some reward money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts