Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E320 CDI 2006, White/Black Sold
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had a 300D Turbo 1984 very clean with low mileage, not sure what got into me when I sold it a few years ago.....

Life is not the same ever since.....

Anyway, I have started looking for another one now so thought there's not best place than here to look for a clean car i.e. a keeper...

Let me know if one is available...

Thanks,
Atif

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
What is low mileage in your mind? And how much do you want to spend? And what is your idea of a nice 300D? Perfect interior, great looking original paint, no rust, everything working as it should?

Just this week I saw a great looking early 80's 300D turbo sedan on eBay. It was a one owner car with 70k miles, being sold by the owner. The high bid several days before the auction close was already $ 12.5K.

This makes my clean '85 300D turbo with 122k miles look like a bargain at $ 3,300 I paid for it several months ago. But I bought it directly from the owner, not on eBay. Given the astronomical prices these cars seem to fetch on eBay these days, check the local ads and try to buy from the owner directly.

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
At least they're realistic about the fuel economy.

·
Registered
E320 CDI 2006, White/Black Sold
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys, I'm willing to spend upto $6000 or $7000, the plan is to store/restore the car and garage it forever, it won't be a daily driver. So it would be nice to get relatively low mileage car with no rust and no oil leaks...

I will check this one out on craiglist....thanks holthoff.

Atif

·
Premium Member
1999 SL600
474 Posts
Sure thing. Here's another:

eBay Motors: Mercedes-Benz : 300-Series (item 280111298129 end time May-13-07 05:39:14 PDT)

It looks like a really good one and as such has already been bid up to $5500. I'm guessing it will sell for somewhere in the $8000 to $9000 range.

There is something a little fishy about the fact that the pictures are dated from February and that it has Hawaii plates while being located in San Diego area, but perhaps the owner has a good explanation. Probably worth checking into.

Also, it's a non-turbo model, if that matters to you. I personally prefer them, but I doubt I'm in the majority on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts