'91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
9,474 Posts
Look here

Attachments

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Part 32 is the upper control arm, part 33 is the steering knuckle, part 10 is the front sway / stabilizer bar. It would be a good idea to get a manual and get familiar with your new car, like I said, it ain't no Chevy. It's relatively easy to work on BUT you gotta know what you have in front of you and how it's put together, a LOT of wrench turners have no clue but will charge you according to the star on the hood. Just sayin' and not to slam you at all, just the facts

·
Registered
1990 560SEC, 129,00 miles, in good shape, starting to do some small mods-steering wheel, exhaust
1,078 Posts
thank you sir the gentleman who sold it to me was an honest fellow . never thought i would love this car so much . its not perfect by any means but its mine and thats ok . i hopefully dont have to spend 20000$ in maintenance. i was quoted 750 foe a basic tune up just now from the indie . made me throw up in my mouth a litle bit . lololol
If it is a missing front sway bar you might hurl for real. Not a easy thing to have to mess with.

Looking again, it might be the small shocks that go with the motor mounts.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Yeah, here is a better pic of the bar in place, part 7 the purple bar is it and it's mounting location. To get it out requires removing a boatload of parts, not an easy task

Organism Font Auto part Engineering Parallel

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
damn i think im missing those motor mount shocks for starters and im seriously thinking that the bar is missing . but wouldnt it drive like shit ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
From this photo it looks like I’m missing the sway bar and those motor mount shocks for whatever reason
Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
87 Euro500HVSEC. 88 Euro 560HVSEC. 89 Euro 560HVSEL
4,472 Posts
See my white coupe pic of front suspension - look up at top right of pic and you will see the sway bar (torsion bar) it runs across the car to each side in the false fire-wall under the battery and and fuse box and cones out each side into the wheel well to connect to the upper control arm
It appears your engine shockies are missing (they help stabilise the engine for smoother ride experience)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
DUDE, the sway bar AIN'T at the bottom of the assembly. Take this from someone who has spent a LOT of time under 2 of these cars. The sway bar is at the TOP connected to the upper control arm, KRH posted the perfect pic along with the diagram I posted last night

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Ok maybe im just paranoid . But I am definitely missing the engine torque shocks for whatever reason

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Ok, that can be taken care of easy enough, your engine won't fall out with them missing but I know I mentioned 3 times where the sway bar is located (with pictures) and you kept on about it missing. Most here on the forum have been here a while and know these cars. I'M still learning and readily take advice and I'm a 16 year owner between two different models. I'll suggest again, got to the DIY thread and learn about your car there, where parts are located, what they are called, and how things go together

Reactions: 14e350

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
So what you mentioned it 3x ? Did it hurt you physically or mentally to do it ? Ofc not cause you’re helping a friend !!!! And I am very very very great full for gentlemen such as yourself who sit and take the time to assist me . I’m not car savvy I can’t wrench or turn a screwdriver any more as I had a massive heart attack . I know stuff gets expensive using the dealer or indie but I have no choice . I know it could potentially get expensive but I’m hoping it doesn’t . I don’t mean to bother anyone w my questions or take up anyones valuable time . This is all new to me as I’m a long time bmw enthusiast . I been building this for the last 3 years
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
Too many to list
10,985 Posts
You had an Indy mechanic put the car up on his Lift and look it over for you , right ? Was t the only recommendation he gave to get a full time up ? Or did he say it needed other work ?

If he didn’t mention anything about a missing sway bar then you are concerned over nothing .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
yes full tune up im awaiting a list to see what he will be changing on the advice of another member which makes total sense . i just ordered the engine torque shocks

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
There’s always one of these in every group . I guarantee u I spend nowhere near that amount on this car . But thanks for all the negative input Karen . I appreciate you bringing me down off my high - some people can’t stand to see anyone happy . #hater
To use your own words and then I will gracefully bow out of this thread. I guess I can be considered as one of these too. YOU kept saying your sway bar was missing, even asking the forum if it was, and the picture you posted wasn't even of the correct area of the car. I mentioned 3 times where it was, even posting diagrams and another posted a pic with the bar clearly showing. And NO, it didn't hurt me in any way to say this but you kept on and on and on. I wish you luck on your car and getting it sorted. If you aren't car savvy (your words) then there isn't much we can do to help here, leave it to the shop you choose to do the work

Adieu

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
my next question is how many fuel lines do we have ? im seeing 2 is that correct ?

·
Registered
1985 MB 500sel (Euro)
982 Posts
@14e350 Nice car even if I am not really a Beemer fan, respect yes, but fan no. Everybody take a deep breath, yesterday was turkey day. take some time to digest. Forget the 3x, which could have been posts crossing. @wooky_chew_bacca offers really good advice, as we all try to do. You really lucked out in your search. And your enthusiasm for your car is great, but slow down and look at the DIYs and Community Searches and smell the roses. . I had to do that and am still doing it every time I come up with a new question.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Its all good I respect and appreciate all the assistance and knowledge . It’s all love and respect !

81 - 98 of 98 Posts