Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo Diesel
1,799 Posts
I know how much we all hate to buy from ebay but I saw one listed yesterday.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'd like to be $2,000 or under. That may be asking a lot, I know. :eek: I would go a little higher for something with low miles.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just passed up one for $1,700 (1981). It was the blue one on ebay in Philly. Really pretty nice driving, looking, etc. It may have been a good deal, but it's hard to say considering the place that was selling it. I may still get it if the high bidder doesn't come through. Had 156,000.

I'm going to look at another wagon (1985) tomorrow for $2,500. Has 160,000.

I see about one come up a week in reasonable condition. I haven't seen any (except yours :)) worth in the $9,000-$10,000 range. Some people think they're worth that much, but you better have a Concours car that's either 100% original or 100% restored, in my opinion....

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Any pictures of your new addition?

·
Registered
1985 300D W123 Cali
1,408 Posts
Are pictures of an Aztek allowed in any forum other than one specifically for Azteks, or those making fun of one? :D
In a Jay Leno piece this month in Popular Mechanics, he was talking about collectible cars and what might be worth something one day. He actually mentioned the Aztek. Not because it's a beauty or super high performance, but for the same reason a AMC Gremlin, or Pacer or first generation Miata or Prius would be collectible. It's notable in some way...

I'd never own one, but I recall hearing that it had among the highest customer satisfaction rates out there. that weird looking Honda truck is like that too.

Jay shoulda got a W123 back in the day!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here's a photo of the beast. Bright yellow, which is the only color in my opinion. Also my favorite color, I think because it's a color I see well, being somewhat color-blind.

I just had a 14-foot extension ladder in the back and 21 pieces of PVC for a job, so I was impressed with the capacity.

I absolutely love the vehicle so far. It drives well, returns average low 20's with AWD, and eats up cargo. Inside it's plain-jane, but comfortable. I like the looks, and I agree that some day it will probably be one of those little extras that adds flare in certain automobile collections, like an Edsel. Not ever terribly valuable, but interesting. I think it was a vehicle before it's time design-wise, and probably would fit right in today, especially with some minor interior improvements and GM's turbo'd 4 cylinder or 3.6L VVT engine with a 6-speed.

I'm getting an extended warranty this week because I have heard some bad things online as far as the transmissions and lower intake manifold gaskets. Hard to tell because people can be so shrill in forums when something goes bad, and especially like to beat on GM products. Hopefully it won't give me any troubles. I've heard great things from other owners. Seems my luck usually sides on the bad side with vehicles, however.

I've got to make dinner at the moment, but maybe I'll get to post some other photos later.

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo Diesel
1,799 Posts
Hey Aubs! Good luck with the new addition!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts