Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a 2005 CLK320 with front end damage. Please PM or email me ([email protected]) if you or someone you know have front end parts for sale. I am located in SoCal. Here is what I need as of now, driver side bi-xenon headlight, hood, both fender, front bumper, front grill, bumper support, radiator support, radiator, AC condenser, beige colored driver airbag, driver side taillight, and a bunch of stuff behind the bumper (I don't even know the name, but everything is crushed).
I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 500, 2011 C300 4Matic
74 Posts
I just rebuilt a w209 that went under a truck. If you know how to paint, you'll probably do best just buying oem fenders on parts.com My fender was somewhere around 300. I even looked on car-part.com which is a nationwide junkyard and couldn't get them cheaper used.

In NY (where I'm from) you have to buy new airbags to pass salvage inspections, so I had no choice but to buy new. I did see a lot of used bags on ebay for around 2-300 if you are allowed to install used in CA. I got my condensor on ebay brand new for $119, and there are plenty from the same seller.

A bit of experience I gathered - unless you buy the same year bumper, the absorbers behind the bumper and the bumper mesh won't fit unless you modify them. I learned that the hard way by putting an 06 bumper on an 03 car. You probably have some bent radiator support brackets and bumper brackets - don't even bother trying to find used. Parts.com has them cheap, brand new OEM.

I found my hood, bumper, and radiator used in my area.

You sound like you know what you're doing, but just FYI, the airbags on CLK's explode from inertia. I had my control module reset for $40 rather than buying new for around $300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts