Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am looking for the rubber accordion trim with lower rails and clips along with the metal rails that bolt to the glass panel on both sides from a W140 1997 S500. I installed a W140 glass top sunroof panel in my W126 560SEL and these parts were missing from the donor car. If you have these parts or can get them from a donor car please let me know. The pics below show the parts I am trying to source and where they go. Thanks!

Grumpy

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am Atlanta and there is a newly arrived S420 1994 model at Pull A Part. I am willing to do the work if you can confirm the parts are compatible and the price is right.

If you are wondering why, I have to do some work on my sunroof and would rather practice on the junkyard car than on my own. Might as well get some good out of it for both of us in the process.

It will take me a week or so to get back down there in case urgency is an issue for you.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
lol... Amazing what my simple DIY has snowballed into

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am Atlanta and there is a newly arrived S420 1994 model at Pull A Part. I am willing to do the work if you can confirm the parts are compatible and the price is right.

If you are wondering why, I have to do some work on my sunroof and would rather practice on the junkyard car than on my own. Might as well get some good out of it for both of us in the process.

It will take me a week or so to get back down there in case urgency is an issue for you.
Thanks for the offer, I was able to source out the parts I needed through another forum member at this time but if I need anything else for the sunroof I will let you know for sure.

lol... Amazing what my simple DIY has snowballed into
That was a great write up, very detailed indeed, I followed Solid Snakes lead on my glass top install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts