Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of 15" (not 14") bundt cake wheels, preferably deep-dish. Please reply or PM me if you have a set of four available. Shipping is to Saudi Arabia, and I'll pay price + shipping via money transfer through Al-Rajhi bank.

TIA,
Shady

Attachments

·
Registered
85 300SD, 95 E320
341 Posts
Hi Shady ... I know you're looking for the 15" bundt cake wheels but I was wondering if you would know if the 14" ones would fit '95 E320?

I think the size is 14"x7" with ET 22-25 but I'd have to confirm by looking at the rims. The main concern I've read from ppl is the clearance from the front brake calipers - is that correct? Do you know any other issues?

According to the following wheel offset calculator, it might stick out by an inch, which would look okay IMO as long as its not rubbing anything;

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 13mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 25mm

Any feedback, advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi George,

I've never attempted fitting 14"ers on a 124, but I suspect that the clearance between wheel and brake caliper would be an issue. Besides, you'd have to fit tires with a much higher sidewall, which doesn't bode well for handling. So 15"ers are the way to go - if I can find the darn things!!!
As for the offset, the Lorinser wheels I have now have a 35mm offset (vs the 44mm of the OE wheels) and now they sit flush with the tips of the front wheel arcs. So 5mm more shouldn't be an issue. You'd only get them to rub on very, very hard cornering (like in a motor race.)

Shady

1 - 3 of 3 Posts