Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 MB C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I avoided an accident in the making last week and made hard contact with a curb, practically destroying my FR rim. Long story short, I need a replacement of that rim, or both front, or all four, whatever anyone can come up with.

MB had them on 'sale' for $300 per rim >.<

Any ideas where I can get a set? I have tires that I can put on there, they are under Road Hazard protection, but this has to be pretty quick.

Here is what it looks like:

2012-09-03 16.32.15.jpg

Any help at all getting this replaced is appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 MB C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It does drive (No noticeable damage to axle, etc.) but has a bad wobble when rolling down the road. I am guessing it is from the broken off piece allowing the sidewall to flex in that area a lot more.

I'm also pricing replacement rims for the car, but a new set is probably going to be out of my price range since I just got the car itself.

·
Registered
2007 MB C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this site that seems to have them. However, not sure which of the two silver ones offered are the ones I am looking for, the regular silver or the hyper silver....

Search Parts For 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 In Wheels / Rims / Covers Store - Auto Parts Fair

It looks like these are not in fact OEM wheels, but wheels manufactured to replace the OEM wheels. In this case, should I look at Silver or hyper silver?

The price is pretty decent all things considered. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2007 MB C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a good deal ($235) on a recon. Should arrive tomorrow. Sears is replacing the tire under road hazard coverage for a whopping $3.11 :p

Sent from my rooted BIONIC running ICS 6.7.242 via Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts