Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The light gray portion of the gray-charcoal ventilated seats in the 01 E55 are wrinkling a bit, even in the upright portion of the back seat. There are little waves that look as if the leather has been pulled out slightly. This is with 8000 miles. The seat has held only my 120 pound wife and only for about four thousand miles worth. I've never seen this with any other leather. Anyone else?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same charcoal/ash seats with ventilation. I'm 6<br> 4' and about 255 pounds and the seats creak when I accelerate. Wonder why? : ) No wrinkling that I've seen.<br> <br> Very seldom have a passenger though. Wife and kid are too hard on the car. No eating or drinking allowed which they don't like! We use the Cadillac Behemoth SUV for that.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same here

I never would have noticed if you hadn't posted it. I NEVER ride in the back. I have the charcoal interior and the middle of the backs in the back seats is wrinkled. Maybe they have expanded in the heat of the summer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seat may creak due to side leather rubbing with plastic frame..

Dealer fixed it in no time by adding a felt velcro type strip to separate the leather from rubbing the plastic frame.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: same here: again

The service tech said he could replace the entire seating area and seat backs but I don't find them so worrisome. My main concern is that the car is leased and I didn't want to be reponsible for a new leather interior. He said he hadn't heard of that before. I think the perforated ventilated seat leather may just be too soft and stretch a bit. But it is annoying to look at.Friends have noted 'bumps' in the seat.Do I hear the words class action?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: same here: again

I'm due for 'B' service, and plan to have it done next week. I'll show them the wrinkles and see what they say. I'll try to take a photo and post it this week.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: same here: again

cool.maybe it's just the ventilated seats; I find the seating surface a bit softer than the non-ventilated, and maybe it just stretches.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics

I mainly see the wrinkling in the back seats. I don't have the ventilated seats. I think that it may just be the heat and normal expansion or the material.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: pics

yup, basically like that, but with those same folds on the flat of the seat. It doesn't look so bad on the back, almost like planned creases, but on the flat it just looks bumpy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now that I look at your pictures, my back seats have the same wrinkles. Never really noticed it before. Doesn't bother me I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts