Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wink

The top on my car is in pretty excellent shape except for being a bit wrinkled here and there from when it's folded. I'm going to re dye and seal it this weekend, wondering if there's a way to get wrinkles out of this old girl?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,703 Posts
That was one reason I replaced the canvas on mine when the rear seam separated. It had a lot of shiny spots where the canvas would rub when folded int he trunk and many wrinkles. I'm not sure if dye will help as it;s not really a loss of color, but texture. The wrinkles did tend to flatten out a bit with it out in the hot sun.

·
Registered
608 Posts
:wink

The top on my car is in pretty excellent shape except for being a bit wrinkled here and there from when it's folded. I'm going to re dye and seal it this weekend, wondering if there's a way to get wrinkles out of this old girl?
Try washing it with mild soap and water and then let it sit out in the sun for a few hours.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey scarlettdave, could you post a pic or two please? I dye my black top once a year, using Renovo products, and I'm happy out. What are you planning to use?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Looks good Dave, I mean not bad at all... What gorj suggested might do the trick.

With Renovo take your time cleaning the soft top, you'll be AMAZED how much dirt is in it, I certainly was. Once cleaned apply two layers of dye and finish off with another layer or two of ultra proofer which will seal the color and waterproof the top for months. Then, it's beer time 😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
miko1aj
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing