Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350SLK AMG (2005)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine [:D][:D][:D][:D].

Amazing cant believe the great build quality!!

the performance is out standing and what an exhaust note!!!

the amount of people who stop and turn to look at it.

already been stoped getting out of it by 2 fit girls, got into a conversation and got a number and ive only had it 1 day hahah.

also for any of you who are interested in GAP insurance. the dealer quoted me £790 for 3 yrs cover, I managed to get him down to £450 for 3 yrs SOLD!!!!

The dealer gave me parameter steering and Super guard for free [:p]

oh their was a scratch on my front bumper though so it has to go back for repair.

will post pics soon.

·
Registered
W116, W126, R170.
217 Posts
G'day hang_man,

Congratulations on your car. Mine arrived on a truck at the dealers today after a 12 month wait.

What is Gap insurance? [^]

Agent 1 [8D]

·
Registered
350SLK AMG (2005)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GAP insurance is basically extra cover you can take out which works as follows:

If you have an accident/loss e.t.c where your own private insurer accepts the car as a write, you normally get the market value of the vehicle or a like for like replacment vehicle. Well with GAP insurance you are covered for the TOTAL cost of the car as new. even if the car is 3yrs old you will get the amount you purchased the car for (invoice amount) back, not the current market price.
So the long and short of it is peace of mind motoring and the insurance that if some one hits your car they will not be costing you 1000's down the line.

·
Registered
350SLK AMG (2005)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh by the way MANUAL is a must!!!!

I have driven both alot and all i can say is that the auto is a great auto box when left in auto, but thats it. If you think the auto-manual mode will bring driving pleasure you will be totaly disapointed. pressing a button just does not engage the driver enough!! the manual 6speed is AMAZING FUN!!!

all points are IMO.

Sexy car with the AMG kit and 5 spoke 18 AMG alloys!

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Sounds like you're having great fun with it!!! [8D]

Can't wait to see some photos!!! [:D]

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
I had ordered an SLK350, then got news that the dealership had procured a 55, so changed my order. Today was beatiful here, 14 degrees, sunny, and I was driving my truck with the moon roof open, pretending I was having fun. Went to the dealership as my originally ordered 350 was in. Beautiful car, pewter, tobacco nappa, wood, etc. Major second thoughts today. Will have to stick it out to June.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coongrat on your new car....
I am getting mine in a month.... and I was wondering if I could have the tel number of the two fit girls .... who stopped you ?
Cheers mate

hahahahahahah

·
Registered
SLK350 w/AMG SP; 2008 C300
75 Posts
Took my 350 through Waikiki with the top down Friday night. Got all kinds of interesting looks from the tourists walking up and down Kalakaua. [8D]

Can't wait to hit 1000 miles so I can really open it up. [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Got my GAP with Hitachi Capital.

£350 for 3 years to return the Invoice price.

The dealer wanter 2.5% of the purchase price !!!!
A bit over £1000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts