Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This photo is of one of the colours of the 2005 boxster's interior.

If the colour is accurate, I am very glad I do not own a car like this. It looks like something that ought to be in a fruit salad. Is it peach? Is it apricot?

I'll stick with black, thanks.

roadsta

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the black and red interior as well after seeing those shots.

Initially I was a bit disappointed the R171s did not come with the full red interior like my old R170. Now having seen the interior on my 350 I am very happy. It looks more agressive than the older car (and has more gadgets).

At some stage I'm going to have to pull out the camera and take some shots. I took some on my recent trip, but they were with my girlfriend's camera. I'll get those ones fairly soon and post.

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG kit
121 Posts
Its called Terracotta - Yeah, I know what your saying on its own it is a little over powering but once (if they had any sense) you put the wright coloured wood with it(dash/door handles & surrounds/air vents/centre console/ upper centre console/dial surround and a couple of other little bits) it looks quite nice.
You should get the Porsche Manual or go to there web site and see some of there combinations - they are actually better than the Mercs.

·
Registered
SLK 350 due 03/05
90 Posts
it won;t do much for residuals, come sell time the market will be reduced.

but if money wasn't an issue, and I wanted that car, I might just go for such an colour, I like it.

I imagine it'd strange to begin with though!

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
Those colors tend to fade more easily over time.

I'll take black.

·
Registered
SLK55
24 Posts
Hi BlackSLK,

Would love to see some shots of your interior, I am thinking about the Black/Red Combo for the interior of my Black SLK 55 currently I have selected full black interior.
I have not long ordered it, so have time to decide(due Aug).

I was in Melbourne for a month Prior to X'mas, if I make it back down sometime soon would like to catch up and have a look in person, if possible.

Anthony.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Ian is right...it is Terracotta and it is also available in the 911 Carrera. I have seen this color in person, and as with a lot of the colors (interior & exterior) on this forum, it does not appear this color in person. In fact, it is not even close.

Here is a picture of the leather in the new Carrera GT ($430,000)and is closer to how it really looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 SL55
67 Posts
Hummm ... agree with you: that looks like the inside of a caramel yogourt....

Loke the inside of my SLK 230: grey/back.

Regards,

Daniel

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Isn't it wonderful that we don't all have the same taste...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
That Porsche looks like a piece of poached salmon on my LCD screen. To each his own, but with light colored leather's tendency to pick up body oils and dirt, I bet they will wish they had purchased "basic black" after a few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
Hola YellowSLK230!

Is that a Porsche Turbot by any chance?

Scott

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
ScottMarbella - 2/1/2005 11:50 AM

Hola YellowSLK230!

Is that a Porsche Turbot by any chance?

Scott
More like one of those custom built "tuner" car interiors with a genuine Starkist extended warranty.[}:)]

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
Aww shucks. Everybodys all fishin for a joke.
It looks like they murdered a few candy circus peanuts for that color.[xx(]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts