Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 e320, 94 sl320, 99 mustang, 90 & 91 300zx twin turbo
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a friend of mine thinks the c-class is a better car then the w210? i would love your input on this guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 M-B E320 (W210) Currently 11,000 Miles
501 Posts
interior-magic said:
a friend of mine thinks the c-class is a better car then the w210? i would love your input on this guys.
Your friend didn't state better in what way? Some feel that the C-class is sportier looking and has a sportier feel to it. That's due in part to being a smaller vehicle.

Myself, I wouldn't want to downsize to a 'C' but they are nice vehicles, never the less...

·
Registered
2001 E320 Sedan
34 Posts
lol a c class? C for crap or C for cheap...i think a c class is for people just to say they have a merecedez..if i was them id spend my money elsewhere not on a C..but thats my opinion no offense to anyone on the board = )...E class all the way

·
Registered
96 SL500, 97 E420,
1,104 Posts
interior-magic said:
Is your friend a teenager? under 25? The c class is a mutation from the 190's also called baby benzes. Some think they and the c class would have been better to have been left on the drawing board than to actually go to production. Mercedes wouldn't have the problems thats been reported if they would've kept to the E's, S's and SL's.

·
Registered
2002 E430 SE - Gone but not forgotten :-(
95 Posts
interior-magic said:
Not better, and I wouldn't trade mine. But I do like the C class and may consider the AMG version.

·
Banned
2006 S500, 2003 ML350, 1996 C280 (Previously 2002 CLK320, 1995 C220, 1980 300SD TurboDiesel)
2,670 Posts
yeah dude I don't know what kind of rocks your friend is smoking...

·
Registered
97 e320, 94 sl320, 99 mustang, 90 & 91 300zx twin turbo
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey i tried to tell him the same, the c-class is a wanna be 190E, because i had 3 190E and i know those cars can go 200,000+ miles with no major problem, the c-class on the other hands, i only heard nightmare stories about them, so i don't know what kind of crap this kid is on, but whatever it is, must be real good

·
Registered
Green '02 E320 Wagon
616 Posts
lol a c class? C for crap or C for cheap
My uninformed opinion agrees. But does E stand for Economical? Decent quality at a decent price. Regardless, S must stand for Serious and Superior. As big as my E320 wagon is, the S class still dominates the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Darknessarises said:
lol a c class? C for crap or C for cheap...i think a c class is for people just to say they have a merecedez..if i was them id spend my money elsewhere not on a C..but thats my opinion no offense to anyone on the board = )...E class all the way

I agree 100%.

I test drove 3 C class Merc's (Chrysler versions) and they are like Neons with all of the options.

Small inside, cheap cloth seating...just had a plastic-like Chrysler feel to it.

It's an insult to REAL Mercedes rides :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
FireFox31 said:
My uninformed opinion agrees. But does E stand for Economical? Decent quality at a decent price. Regardless, S must stand for Serious and Superior. As big as my E320 wagon is, the S class still dominates the road.

The "E" can also stand for Elegance version.

But yes, S class is king, but that C class is the equiv. of floor mats.

·
Registered
2009 GL450 2005 E320
62 Posts
FireFox31 said:

The first time the letter E appeared on a midsize Mercedes-Benz was on the W123 six-cylinder fuel injection 280E. E stood for "einspritz" German for "injection" I think this is how the name E-class came about.

·
Registered
2001 E320 Sedan
34 Posts
C is for the Crappy job they did making it, E is for that Extra oridnary build and even more is S thats superb in every way...mm i love my E class but my grandmother has a 97 presidential black S500 with stage 2 bullet proof...i wanna do some drive bys with that baby...but she wont let me touch it : ( greedy old lady

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Darknessarises said:
C is for the Crappy job they did making it, E is for that Extra oridnary build and even more is S thats superb in every way...mm i love my E class but my grandmother has a 97 presidential black S500 with stage 2 bullet proof...i wanna do some drive bys with that baby...but she wont let me touch it : ( greedy old lady
just wondering is your grandma from sicilian origins? jk :)

·
Registered
2001 E320 Sedan
34 Posts
lol na..she bought it off her brother...i think theres a stage 5 which is completely bomb proof...that would be cool lol stage 2 can handle a 12 gauge at point blank range...i think thats pretty good hahahaha i want it so bad...she doesnt take care of it and my dad said when he drove it, it drives like complete shit..i could fix it real nice : D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts